• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Force, Sat 6th - Round 11 - Kings Park, Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Let's keep things in perspective here - for all the Force's attacking woes, the Tahs have the same amount of losses and only one more win. And they're only two points better on the +/-. Given the state of affairs i Australian rugby, I'd say the Force are about dead average. And, given the number of "names" in the Tah's side, who is "Simply not good enough"?
Yes tabs, reds been woeful but they also are not under threat of being cut.

Force were poor against the sharks and I want them to prove to others they deserve to stay but best way to do that is with on field results.

Supporting them is best by calling out where they played poorly ans expecting better. As providing excuses does not make them hungry to win.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

Force were poor against the sharks and I want them to prove to others they deserve to stay but best way to do that is with on field results.

Supporting them is best by calling out where they played poorly ans expecting better. As providing excuses does not make them hungry to win.

I can see Hodgo calling the boys in now for a pre-match prep talk.

"Listen hear you fellas, some bloke on an Internet forum is a bit disappointed in us. Apparently the best way to show we shouldn't be cut is to win some games. I know right, I never thought of it either. Right, so this week were really going to try. No more phoning it in".

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I can see Hodgo calling the boys in now for a pre-match prep talk.

"Listen hear you fellas, some bloke on an Internet forum is a bit disappointed in us. Apparently the best way to show we shouldn't be cut is to win some games. I know right, I never thought of it either. Right, so this week were really going to try. No more phoning it in".
Mate you got to stop your mother hen approach to the force _ the media will do the job telling them they played shit not me. The force have a crap win loss record and deflecting that by talking about other poor performing oz teams is not really cutting it.

The force need to play better as their game against the sharks was shit and that won't bring back bigger crowds with games like that. They don't need you to make excuses for them every week for playing poorly. As I am sure the aru are so sympthetic to the forces poor results and happy to listen to excuses for their poor performances over many years. Yeah right.

Wake up the force are in this predicament with threat to be cut because they have failed to have on field success and where they sit on super rugby ladder this season has not showed any inprovement on this. Stop making excuses for them as they need to get better results on the field to survive.

Your mother hen approach and excuses for every time they play poorly or lose is really lame.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)

I couldn't agree with you more that they played like crap. But you're missing the point. They've run some of the top teams close, and yes, they need to figure out how to get over the line. But to be fair, this is the first real beating they've taken this season. It was garbage - they know it and fans know it.

It's a low bar, but they've been about dead average with their compatriots in the Aussie conference, so I can't understand how all of a sudden "the Force are crap" and "The force have a crap win loss record" comments start coming out. They have one less win that the top team in the conference, and I mean, it's not like they lost to the Kings or something embarrassing like that.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
yep,losing to the Kings with a Wallaby loaded side is ok,because they are not in threat of being cut,Reds losing to the Force is ok too,as they are not under threat also

FFS

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
yep,losing to the Kings with a Wallaby loaded side is ok,because they are not in threat of being cut,Reds losing to the Force is ok too,as they are not under threat also

FFS

Exactly - akin to sitting on the veranda of a house falling down due to rot, yelling "your house is a disgrace!".

Did the Force stink it up agains the Sharks? You betcha. But there's nobody else in Oz who should be throwing stones.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Australian Rugby is crap. The way I look at the Force is that they were in a very dark place last year and have made bold changes which have seen significant improvements from a very low base. That's top stuff in my view and it won't happen over night coming from a low base but the promise of better days in genuinely in sight.

When you compare that to the droll coming out of NSW & QLD at the moment, the Force are part of the solution not the problem. The good old boys in the heartland need to grow some nuts and take on some genuine reform themselves.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

FFS

To be fair he said the Reds and Tahs were woeful, so not exactly saying it was OK at all. Woeful is pretty much down the stinky end of the spectrum.
All the Oz teams are pretty poor at the moment overall. In different ways. If we put them all together keeping only the best bits we'd be somewhere! Force and Brumbies defence, Brumbies set piece, Reds attack for half a game, Tahs attack for half a game for examples. I don't think critique of any team should be restricted to coming fans of that team only, which is kind of the angle you're coming from.For many reasons, the ARU have decided that the Tahs and Reds are not in line to be cut, so too the Brumbies, and a lot of that goes to the history of those teams over a long period, and the history of rugby in Australia. It sucks to be a "new" team without that to fall back on, I get it, but it is what it is. People saying "Why not cut the Tahs or Reds 'cos they're crap" is a simplistic snapshot argument, but I get where the sentiment comes from.
Sniping by fans of one team about another is pretty lame right now, but reasoned critique of how teams are going, or what they could do better - well, there's plenty of space for that with the generally mediocre standard across our conference, and we should all be honest enough to say it, and hear it.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Australian Rugby is crap. The way I look at the Force is that they were in a very dark place last year and have made bold changes which have seen significant improvements from a very low base. That's top stuff in my view and it won't happen over night coming from a low base but the promise of better days in genuinely in sight.

When you compare that to the droll coming out of NSW & QLD at the moment, the Force are part of the solution not the problem. The good old boys in the heartland need to grow some nuts and take on some genuine reform themselves.

One of the things I am most excited about is when that reform comes to QLD and NSW. I feel like the upside of the earthquake that is currently going through Super Rugby is that it will shake us into change. Necessity is the mother of invention and I feel like the Force's necessity has borne some fruit (OwnTheForce, better integration between the Force and community rugby). The current problems aren't isolatec to the Force and maybe necessity will lead NSW and QLD to meet their potential, which IMO is far higher than we've seen the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.