• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ole Two Blue

Tight games at Latham Park yesterday with Easts getting home over Randwick in ones & 2s by one or two tries.
3s and 4s was pretty even.
Easts have some huge players. Randwicks new centres will need time to gel.
One easts guy got knocked out cold in 2s, stretchered off, neck brace and all. Anyone have some news there? Hope he's ok. Total accident.

Sounds quite serious. Hope the player is ok

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Highly unlikey, he'll get named every week for the tahs.
There is a story on the Rugby News website that he is going back to RSA to play in the Currie Cup at the end of the Super15 season.
If the Waratahs don't make the playoffs then their season would end on 15/7 and the Currie Cup starts on 11/8 so maybe available for a few games. If the Waratahs make the playoffs then this would be reduced.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Fair question, hypothetically if the Waratahs didnt make the finals, their final match would be on July 14th, the week that round 12 of the shute shield concludes which means he could play 4-5 rounds for Gordon of the regular comp obviously more if Gordon actually made the finals.​
Does anyone see this any different? I'm a little confused why there is a Week 15 A and Week 15 B in the Shute comp. Thats why I said 4-5.​
Round 15 is a split round to allow for postponements due to wet weather etc.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Sydney Uni v Eastwood trial great hit out for both sides cant really take much out of it. 6 tries apart these two should feature very strongly in September.

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
No shock here. Norths vs Eastwood will be the match of the day for round 1 at the normal time 3pm sat afternoon. Also if you live interstate ABC will now be airing replays of games nationally at.... 4am

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Good old Aunty.
At lease at 4am we can tape it.
I used to have to drive across the border just to watch a club game on telly! Ridiculous. And the local thuggery passed off as rugby league gets live broadcasts.
Its also superior to the Qld club rugby comp which got shafted some seasons ago. We dream of a 4am telecast.

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Gordon won all grades against Warringah.

"refabit" said:
At lease at 4am we can tape it.
I used to have to drive across the border just to watch a club game on telly! Ridiculous.
I admire the effort guess 4am is better then nothin'

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
No shock here. Norths vs Eastwood will be the match of the day for round 1 at the normal time 3pm sat afternoon. Also if you live interstate ABC will now be airing replays of games nationally at.... 4am

That's a whole lot better than nothing.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

4 am Tuesday morning, to be precise.

T

Tahboy

Eastwood didn't beat Randwick they walloped them
Not sure if the super coaching group put together is working

Status
Not open for further replies.