• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Mighty Two Blues won 18-17 in a very tight match against a very good West Harbour team today. A credit to the work of Coach Christini, this Two Blues team has patience and mental toughness. Can they beat Manly? They'll certainly give it a shot. Hopefully we'll get our best team on the field - we'll need them.

sooty

Stan Wickham (3)
Should only be allowed back in if they have a decent excuse.

For 4th Grade, being a wingman at a bucks party is a decent excuse.

What rubbish- they were advised of the number of players in the club that were eligible to play and still decided to forfeit. The word arrogance springs to mind. I hope they are told to forfeit next week- lets see how strong the SRU board is

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Should only be allowed back in if they have a decent excuse.

For 4th Grade, being a wingman at a bucks party is a decent excuse.

I'm sorry Hugh, but I have to disagree. As far as I am concerned 4th grade at a district club is completely different to purely social Rugby if you ask me. It may not be at the level of the top two grades but it should be at a greater level of respect for the competition than displayed by the Gordon 4th's. If they just want to play pure social Rugby, then may I suggest they look to get their fix at a subbies club.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who gets married at this time of the year anyway? Footy season winding up with Finals series beginning. Test Matches galore. Very poor timing on behalf of the parties being married.

Get Married after Grand Final and before Bathurst/Spring Racing Carnival and Inbound Cricket Tests.

There is about two Weekends off. Choose wisely.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Who gets married at this time of the year anyway? Footy season winding up with Finals series beginning. Test Matches galore. Very poor timing on behalf of the parties being married.

Get Married after Grand Final and before Bathurst/Spring Racing Carnival and Inbound Cricket Tests.

There is about two Weekends off. Choose wisely.

Sometimes it's very difficult to adequately convey the right amount of sarcasm to properly get a point across via text on a screen. However, Hugh, I must say that with this effort you have done so with a high degree of success. That said, when I played Colts at a district level there were a couple of occasions where I attended birthdays and bucks event the night before a game. I would go but excuse myself at around 12am regardless of what grade I was playing the next day. You are part of a extended squad and your job is to turn up to support that squad. As far as I'm concerned. The boys from the Gordon 4ths have let not only themselves down, but their team and club mates as a whole.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
The Gordon Club should be at least fined for this disgraceful effort.
They might want to send a keg over to Norths for their end of season drink as a gesture of apology too.

M

Mr Magoo

Don't think the grade has any relevance to the issue to be honest.
Sorry guys I here that 4ths were struggling for numbers and the only pool they can pull from are colts. The rules say that they can only get from 2nds and 3rds colts. Given that this year Gordon only had a below par2s they could not provide any players. They were on the phones all week to colts players trying to get the numbers. I am assuming that this was a small reason for the forfeit.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Hope not. While I do think Manly will win, I hope it will be a good tight contest. Eastwood will really need to watch out for Norths who will as you point out, have their tails well and truly up.
Suspect Eastwood will struggle to beat Norths but the best news for the health of the competition is that one of Eastwood or Uni will miss the GF this year . Given that Norths pushed Uni all the way in their last match dare we dream of Souths or Manly v Norths . I'm assuming the Marlins with beat Parra on Sunday

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If Uni can't make it to the GF, then we need to have someone to hate in the GF.

Manly fits the bill nicely on the back of the Sea Eagles popularity outside of the Spit Bridge.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Sorry guys I here that 4ths were struggling for numbers and the only pool they can pull from are colts. The rules say that they can only get from 2nds and 3rds colts. Given that this year Gordon only had a below par2s they could not provide any players. They were on the phones all week to colts players trying to get the numbers. I am assuming that this was a small reason for the forfeit.
Bad luck - they should still be rubbed out, it bespeaks arrogance and the malaise that is Australian and particularly NSW rugby at present - if Gordon aren't a viable Shute Shield club as in able to get a full playing roster then Kentwell Cup beckons . Maybe they can merge with Lindfield. The Shute Shield deserves better as the next level below Super 15.

M

Mr Magoo

Bad luck - they should still be rubbed out, it bespeaks arrogance and the malaise that is Australian and particularly NSW rugby at present - if Gordon aren't a viable Shute Shield club as in able to get a full playing roster then Kentwell Cup beckons . Maybe they can merge with Lindfield. The Shute Shield deserves better as the next level below Super 15.
Gees chill

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
If Uni can't make it to the GF, then we need to have someone to hate in the GF.

Manly fits the bill nicely on the back of the Sea Eagles popularity outside of the Spit Bridge.
Bit harsh old man, not sure the Marlins come remotely close to Sydney Uni in terms of "hateability" and you don't seem to be a chippy whinging Rats supporter/75 - 17 loser! i think we'll all be able cheer against Uni at the GF . Assume you are predicting Manly (after beating Parra) to go on to beat Souths in a fortnight

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We need someone to hate. As the Wicks, Rats, Pirates, Beasties, Hobbits, Gay Gordons, Woodies probably won't make it, we need to have a bad guy. Don't care who it is is, just has to be one.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
We need someone to hate. As the Wicks, Rats, Pirates, Beasties, Hobbits, Gay Gordons, Woodies probably won't make it, we need to have a bad guy. Don't care who it is is, just has to be one.

What happens if we get a Norths vs Souths GF? I honestly hold no grudge toward either. In fact, I've backed each team on the occasions I've seen them this season. Tell you what. It might actually be refreshing watching a Shield GF not automatically despising one of the competitors. It'll be purely about the Rugby. Would be nice.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If it is Norths vs the Hobbits, then the ones to dislike must be the Hobbits. Why?

Peter Jackson, is from the Shaky Isles. He makes movies about the Hobbits and Elves and all sorts of Richie McCaw Cloak of Invisibility sort of stuff based on JRR Tolkein. Peter Jackson supports the Darkness.

In Tolkeinland the Hobbits live in the Shire. Same in Sydney.

The Darkness just touched us up for their 10th successful Bloodyslow Cup campaign. That is worse than the Mungoball SOO losing streak.

Darkness=Lord oF the Rings=Hobbits=Shire = Reason not to suport Southern Districts in Norths vs Souths Shute Shield GF.

Fairly Simple really.

Any other scenarios you want a bad guy identified?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
If it is Norths vs the Hobbits, then the ones to dislike must be the Hobbits. Why?

Peter Jackson, is from the Shaky Isles. He makes movies about the Hobbits and Elves and all sorts of Richie McCaw Cloak of Invisibility sort of stuff based on JRR Tolkein. Peter Jackson supports the Darkness.

The Darkness just touched us up for their 10th successful Bloodyslow Cup campaign. That is worse than the Mungoball SOO losing streak.

Darkness=Lord oF the Rings=Hobbits=Shire = Reason not to suport Southern Districts in Norths vs Souths Shute Shield GF.

Fairly Simple really.

:) Yes, that's a perfectly rational way of looking at it. At the same. The lateral nature of your reasoning is, well, frightening.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The excitement of the hard-fought win over Wests today clearly has Thommo's juices pumping - he has already posted his report of the Two Blues victory up on the Parra website.

Have to agree with Thommo in his assessment of the West Harbour effort today - they were gallant, combative and belligerent but most of all skilful, well-coached and never-say-die and they can hold their heads high after this match.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Fairly Simple really.

also could the alledged salary cap breaches have assissted a club side as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom