• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013 Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
Anymore news on player movement. No significant news on the Parramatta front since last update, except to mention the outside possibility of an internal trial putting basically last years 1st grade side up against newcomers (yes have have enough newbies to have a very competitive game).

Only rumour I have heard (and it's actually true and confirmed) is tha Jason Paseta will be turning out for Nedlands in the WA comp this year.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Anymore news on player movement. No significant news on the Parramatta front since last update, except to mention the outside possibility of an internal trial putting basically last years 1st grade side up against newcomers (yes have have enough newbies to have a very competitive game).

Only rumour I have heard (and it's actually true and confirmed) is tha Jason Paseta will be turning out for Nedlands in the WA comp this year.

True story on Paseta. Definitely signed with Nedlands, WA

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Would this be because of maybe a better chance of hooking up with the Force or getting a better look in? I know he is on the older side of the playing age? Or just to be closer to family?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ITM Cup isn't until much later in the year.

Is the player intending to go to the Shaky Isles to get a season of Club footy up before having a tilt at making it to the ITM Cup team?

JFT

Frank Nicholson (4)
John has been down to training at forshaw already this season. Not sure if that puts anything in concrete at this time of year. Would be disappointing to lose one of last years first grade captains.

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
ITM Cup isn't until much later in the year.

Is the player intending to go to the Shaky Isles to get a season of Club footy up before having a tilt at making it to the ITM Cup team?

The ITM CUP provinces are limited severely in the number of non-local players they can have in their squads. There is an early cut off date for players needing to be playing in their club comps to be regarded as local - that and the fact that most provinces have training groups up and running means they would want players there pretty much now.

Having said that, the province talking to the player is Auckland, I will not name the player but I think he is going to be staying put with the Wicks.

Johny Ulugia - I would be very surprised if he is leaving Souths. He is a proud club man and feels at home at Souths.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Officially with Sydney Uni
I sent an email to Jason Allan from NSWRUGBY expressing my disappointment in Filou joining Sydney Uni and the lost opportunity in NSWRU helping rugby in the West by asking Filou to join Parramatta or Penrith.
As expected I got the "we cannot tell players to join certain clubs"
This is something they have been accused of doing for many years
I won't be going to any Waratahs matches this year in protest.
Why support them when they don't support club rugby
They are able to convince Israel Filou to turn his back on the Eels to play rugby but they cannot convince him to join a club to help rugby out west?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Maybe Jason should ask the intern/s who are obviously in control of negotiations with all high profile prospective signings,to consider inserting a clause that allows the Tahs to " tell players to join certain clubs"
Then, in the future, one of the interns can direct new signings to actually register with whatever club they deem to be in the best interests of Rugby in NSW.
The Brumbies have no problem in insisting their players register with ACT Clubs.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Maybe Jason should ask the intern/s who are obviously in control of negotiations with all high profile prospective signings,to consider inserting a clause that allows the Tahs to " tell players to join certain clubs"
Then, in the future, one of the interns can direct new signings to actually register with whatever club they deem to be in the best interests of Rugby in NSW.
The Brumbies have no problem in insisting their players register with ACT Clubs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost certain that ACT Rugby actually allocated the Brumbies contract players to the clubs ie they were all told which clubs they were to play for. This was to try to direct the available talent to where it was needed so there was a more even competition. Isn't that what many have been advocating for the Shute Shield?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost certain that ACT Rugby actually allocated the Brumbies contract players to the clubs ie they were all told which clubs they were to play for. This was to try to direct the available talent to where it was needed so there was a more even competition. Isn't that what many have been advocating for the Shute Shield?

80% of Brumbies players have no club links so this works, whereas at the Tahs it's different. Obviously Folau is the exception to the rule and you're right.

Also, I hope you spell checked your email to the Tahs offices Tah and feathered if you were to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.