• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
If you want to see the Harvey incident go to vimeo. Type in West Harbour Pirates and it's about the last video. The one where you can see Wests standing in defence. 20 min mark. I just noticed the same bloke hits Harvey with a nasty no arms tackle just moments before. Classy guy!!

Anyone from Uni know whether this guy is the same John Rudd who plays with London Irish?

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
You're right Intruder it was an entertaining game. Check out the video at 37:10 in the second half. At this point it's 34-30 in favour of Uni. Wests half Rob Catanach goes blind and tries to pass behind the back of what he assumes is a decoy runner to Cohen Masson. Unfortunately decoy runner assumes ball is for him and reaches back to catch it but knocks it on. Now if that ball finds Cohen then Wests have got a 2 on 1 and almost certainly score. 35-34 and the way Harvey kicks maybe 37-34. That's how close the game was. Edge of the seat stuff but unfortunately for Wests Uni were just too good.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
No subs used no. Good fitness levels in the 1st XV at the moment
Fitness Levels.
watching the Uni Wests game in the last Vimeo mentioned above. From 18:26 onward, tell me how much Rugby was played. Players doing up their laces, (tape them up!) pretending injuries (at one point there were 7 bloody intruders on the field with water and messages from the coach) Scrums taking forever to pack.
Holy Crap. If you want the game to be entertaining, do something other than stand around!
I note that Referee Angus Gardner in the Super game Force vs Waratahs got on top of this time wasting.
I reckon if we want to try some useful ELV's in the NRC it would be to have a "play on" ethos for players going to ground and a 30 second rule (or thereabouts) for packing a scrum.
What do you think?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Whichever side isn't ready to pack the scrum after 30 seconds - move the scrum 10 metres downfield. We lose anywhere between 2 minutes to 4 minutes for scrums these days. Very few decided in less than 2 minutes - and those are usually a fk at which point the team takes the scrum option and we start the painstaking process again.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
What about kickers that take forever to line up? I went downstairs to get a cupuccino while the Uni goalkicker was making his interminable preparations and he still hadn't kicked it by the time I got back!!
We have Johnny Wilkinson to thank for all the contortions, looking up and down, stepping sideways and back, dipping and swaying, joining hands and singing the bloody national anthem before you kick the f##*g ball

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
What about kickers that take forever to line up? I went downstairs to get a cupuccino while the Uni goalkicker was making his interminable preparations and he still hadn't kicked it by the time I got back!!
I coming to yours to watch footy!!! Coffee shop downstairs! Please, please, please tell it is licensed?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I coming to yours to watch footy!!! Coffee shop downstairs! Please, please, please tell it is licensed?

What if they only sell cider?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.