• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Can anyone tell me how Chris Tuatara-Morrison has been playing for east the Force may need his services at 13 with junior having surgery today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
been behind an average pack who have been dominated and hasnt seen much ball in the lst two weeks.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Has played only one game. He was average. Had nothing to do with the pack.
fair enough but I would say that your pack being pushed off the ball and the the quality of ball being delivered will generally limit your opportunities as an outside back?

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I'm not denying the Easts pack have been poor at least at scrum time and in terms of pressure at breakdown. A couple carrying injuries and Lam needs to go to hooker.

Moonball

Stan Wickham (3)
Saw the incident, could not believe the officials did nought. Was one of the lowest things I've seen and the spear tackle by the Penrith 9 in 2s also pretty bad. Penrith had 7 or 8 yellow cards on the day. All the other clubs are trying to support Penrith and hope they become competitive but when you cop the crap that was displayed in all four grades yesterday it makes it very difficult. The best thing Penrith officials can do is to install discipline into the club both on and off the field as besides the players their water person was ordered off twice by the ref for coming on when he shouldn't and admonished by the ground marshall so he just did not care about the rules of the game.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Sweet

Shute scoreboard.jpg

G

getemback10sir

what a disasterous weekend for Gordon. they will be anchored to the bottom of the shute shield for the duration of the 2014 season.
warringah looking the goods should be top 3 for mine
the rebels need to improve if they are to be taken seriously

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I think the Rats will have problems against bigger packs.

There's a few virtual pygmies in their forwards though they will work like drover's dogs.

But their backs are skilful and exciting.

senior

Peter Burge (5)
Very disappointing for Gordon 1s. They have been training very hard and have been hit by injuries. I'm sure they will be getting their act together very quickly this week. On a side note, I understand they are missing likely 1st grade players S Taylor (prop-archilies), R Wilson (2 row-shoulder), M Johnson (2 row), L. Fairley (2 row), Broome (7-knee), Dempsey (8-ankle), Rorke (6-ankle?), Simkin (13-knee) and now R. Scarano (4-leg). Their planned forward pack would have looked remarkedly different with these players who were injured in the final trial or against parramatta. I also recgonise that Eastwood have injuries. Very proud to see their 2s in such a tight game with Eastwood (36-35), they were leading until the final play where the woods pulled off a nice backline move. The Gordon 3s defeated last year's premiers as well. So it seems that although the 1s struggled, there are good things happening at this club and hopefully we can put on more of a tussle for Eastwood next time.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Ahhh not just me - Kieran and RG are doing a smashing job.

BTW - the Gordon Eastwood 1st grade game was pretty brutal. So much so our Photographer had to send me a folder with 30+ photos just labelled "Injury" there were a couple of season enders in it - unfortunately.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Dave, I'm trying to get someone in the Colts thread to give a rundown on the Parra Manly clash which I heard was a cracker. If you have some intel, can you add your keen insight to that thread please?

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is this going to be another tough year for the two blues? Last year was pretty bad and they managed to beat manly, if they're getting dusted this early is it a sign of things to come or just one bad game?

I wouldn't say I've been a fan of them but have definitely respected the club since the mid 80s. Was hoping to see a resurgence this year

griffith blacks

Frank Row (1)
I just want to say big thanks to Gordon president who dropped in to see eastwood break away at hospital recovering from surgery on his broken ankle suffered in the game last Saturday. True show of sportsmanship I also hope that the Gordon player who broke his leg is making a speedy recover as well. I don't think I have ever seen a game with so many serious injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.