• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1st Grade Debut

It is unusual for a young man to be playing first grade Rugby in their first year out of school. When it happens, it is usually a player in the backline where speed and dexterity is possibly more important than outright size, power and physicality.

This year we have had some cameos from the harvest of 2013 Schoolboy graduates, Kellaway (Wicks) and Jones (Rats). Add Horwitz (Wicks), Stewart (Uni) in to this list from the previous years crop.

Jack DEMPSEY (Gordon) was the last forward in this category. Tomorrow he will he joined by Ned Hanigan (Wicks, Joeys, NSW U20's) who has been listed in the Wicks run on side at Second row.

Good luck to this young man on debut.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
1st Grade Debut

It is unusual for a young man to be playing first grade Rugby in their first year out of school. When it happens, it is usually a player in the backline where speed and dexterity is possibly more important than outright size, power and physicality.

This year we have had some cameos from the harvest of 2013 Schoolboy graduates, Kellaway (Wicks) and Jones (Rats). Add Horwitz (Wicks), Stewart (Uni) in to this list from the previous years crop.

Jack DEMPSEY (Gordon) was the last forward in this category. Tomorrow he will he joined by Ned Hanigan (Wicks, Joeys, NSW U20's) who has been listed in the Wicks run on side at Second row.

Good call Hugh, worth a trip to Chatswood to see how he goes.
I'm looking forward to it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My round 3 tips FWIW:

West Harbour v Sydney University - Uni by 15-20. Pirates to fade after oranges.

Manly v Eastern Suburbs - MMM by 20+. MMM too good across the park. Beasties rebuilding is still a Work in Progress as the designs are still with council for DA approval.

Warringah v Parramatta - Rats to sneak home by 5 points, without a bonus point. 2 Blues to get a BP.

Northern Suburbs v Southern Districts, 50/50 but I'm going for the Hobbits with a late try to win by 3 after trailing all game. (game of the round)

Gordon v Randwick, Wicks by 20+. Highlanders still licking wounds from last weeks capitulation.

Penrith v Eastwoood, Woodies by 20. Penrith to fade after initial shock and awe, but there will not be a Lay Down Sally performance from the Emu's..

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
http://www.rugbynews.net.au/shute-shield-round-three-preview/

Coach Gerrard said the 2blues are waiting on some guys to be clear of injuries. I don't recognise many names from the 2blues backline from last year, where is Leota and Fakafanua in the centres? Who else is missing at this stage?
Leota still playing in France, back soon I think. Fakafanua retired. Olmstead and a few others to come back fairly soon. All hearsay of course - I am only a supporter.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
1st Grade Debut

It will be interesting for the young bloke. A good open running game and a few old heads to show him the way (from both sides)...

This is what Rugby is all about :) :) :)

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
My round 3 tips FWIW:

West Harbour v Sydney University - Uni by 15-20. Pirates to fade after oranges.

Manly v Eastern Suburbs - MMM by 20+. MMM too good across the park. Beasties rebuilding is still a Work in Progress as the designs are still with council for DA approval.

Warringah v Parramatta - Rats to sneak home by 5 points, without a bonus point. 2 Blues to get a BP.

Northern Suburbs v Southern Districts, 50/50 but I'm going for the Hobbits with a late try to win by 3 after trailing all game. (game of the round)

Gordon v Randwick, Wicks by 20+. Highlanders still licking wounds from last weeks capitulation.

Penrith v Eastwoood, Woodies by 20. Penrith to fade after initial shock and awe, but there will not be a Lay Down Sally performance from the Emu's..
Yeah - I am with you, except that The Hobbits let me down in my tipping last week. (Sneaky Hobbits's in Gollum voice) I will enjoy watching the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.