• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Any mail as to why he left there in the first place?

Lots of rumours but shortage of facts.
I thought he was the "buy" of the year after the early rounds.
Not sure why he was dropped to 2nds, but his form certainly fell away once he was in seconds IMO.
He's clearly too good a player to be playing subbies but the rumour is that he'll be back at Wests next year OR maybe he'll come back to the Wicks depending on who the coach is next year.;)

T

turnovertwopasses

Yeh he was also a goalkicker which the Wicks desperately need. Actaully, a goalkicker wouldnt have helped on the weekend by the sound of it !!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeh he was also a goalkicker which the Wicks desperately need. Actaully, a goalkicker wouldnt have helped on the weekend by the sound of it !!

Windon's scored 5 tries in 1 and a bit games for St Pat's so far, but they already have a reliable goal kicker.Eli Baillie is also rumoured to have left and gone to Drummoyne. Add those 2 to the 14 or 15 backs with 1st grade experience who are out injured and you can see why the Wicks are in trouble. Alfie Paea was playing 4th grade a few weeks ago but I believe he was on in 1sts after a few minutes on Saturday.

Moonball

Stan Wickham (3)
Hope your right coach, seemed like a strange time to drop back especially with the new 4th tier about to start ( we all know SS has been the 3rd tier for many years just needed more coaches with Cheika's attitude coaching 2nd tier. )

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Windon's scored 5 tries in 1 and a bit games for St Pat's so far, but they already have a reliable goal kicker.Eli Baillie is also rumoured to have left and gone to Drummoyne. Add those 2 to the 14 or 15 backs with 1st grade experience who are out injured and you can see why the Wicks are in trouble. Alfie Paea was playing 4th grade a few weeks ago but I believe he was on in 1sts after a few minutes on Saturday.

Correct. Alfie replaced Brogan Roods who was playing 3rds in his 3rd game back from 3 years injured. The Wicks ended up with their Ist Grade Colts Hooker playing inside centre. Don't know how a club gets over that with 15 injured outside backs.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Coach, I spoke to Eli on Saturday morning. He is off to Spain for a second time. He is having a few cruisy games for the Dirty Reds until he leaves. Said he was not enjoying his time at the Wicks after previous stints with Uni and Norths. That's 5 clubs in 4 years.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Coach, I spoke to Eli on Saturday morning. He is off to Spain for a second time. He is having a few cruisy games for the Dirty Reds until he leaves. Said he was not enjoying his time at the Wicks after previous stints with Uni and Norths. That's 5 clubs in 4 years.

Thanks Lily!
I wish him well, IMO he's a very good all round player and a loss to the Wicks.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
Agree re coping with that sort of toll . Gee in contrast the Rats have done well with what seemed to be a lack of depth at the start of the season - looking forward to round two of the derby this weekend . MMM's will need their A game in all grades as Rats players will no doubt emerge from out of the waterways and hills north of DY to have a crack

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree re coping with that sort of toll . Gee in contrast the Rats have done well with what seemed to be a lack of depth at the start of the season - looking forward to round two of the derby this weekend . MMM's will need their A game in all grades as Rats players will no doubt emerge from out of the waterways and hills north of DY to have a crack

Is it the ABC game?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

Kellaway and Horwitz appeared to be last-minute withdrawals last Saturday. Were they injured and when will they be back? They make a significant contribution to the 'Wicks back line.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Horwitz's contribution has been evident - good defender, accurate with the boot, but most importantly can unleash fast outside backs with his passing game.
Kellaway is the one I would agree is more in the potential category, but has scored some good tries in 1st grade already.
Their absence last weekend did hamper Randwick.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Kellaway and Horwitz appeared to be last-minute withdrawals last Saturday. Were they injured and when will they be back? They make a significant contribution to the 'Wicks back line.

There was a post previously (possible on the Galloping Greens thread) which confirmed both were injured. Although Horwitz's injury was only minor he was apparently withdrawn by the Tahs.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)

My mail as of last night is that both will play this weekend. The young fullback who missed out last week, whose name escapes me, i think is still out.

Status
Not open for further replies.