• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The funny thing about 7 Sport is that the entire department (except for the big boss), is located right here in Melbourne, so everyone I talked to knew nothing about Seven picking up the Shute Shield, including one of the producers who's actually an Eastwood man..............

I would assume that this is being produced externally and the Shute Shield or whoever are putting up the production costs to get this televised..............

From this year Seven will also be broadcasting the VFL, SANFL, AND WAFL in their respective states on 7mate, but all of those are produced by McGuire media (as in Eddie McGuire - also produces Talking Footy for Seven)..........

Anyways, they've done well from the ABC cuts.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I would assume the Shute Shield are putting up the production costs to get this televised....
Will be interesting when all the details come out, do the shute shield/nswru have that sort of resource ($50k a match?) and who's actually doing the production.

Is 7two in HD?

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
Believe it will be.

Nomad definitely will be at Manly Oval this year . the beverage for all discerning MMM's fans and those from rival clubs........ except those carping critics of the Village Green - still Sydney's number one Shute Shield venue until the Council digs it up :) .

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Nomad definitely will be at Manly Oval this year . the beverage for all discerning MMM's fans and those from rival clubs.... except those carping critics of the Village Green - still Sydney's number one Shute Shield venue until the Council digs it up :) .
Council dig up;
Hoops can have a chat to his mate Poey, Poey loves a protest and may jump on board.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Great to see it back on the box, a big thank you , and well done to all those involved in bring it back.
Support it, spread the word, return the favor, as it will support our game in the most important area - grass roots.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Have watched several trials/teams this year,& the most impressive side IMO, has been Manly.
Despite the loss of a number of key players, I expect them to do well this year.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Pretty sure 7TWO is a commercial TV station so would no doubt measure ratings and that will influence the games televised.

Let's be great full that is't on the box and let it evolve, no doubt as the season progresses the bigger games will get more air time.

For those that can - get out and watch the game live.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
True,it's a great thing that it's on.
Just strange that they would kick off their telecasts with what appears will be a lack lustre game.

At a guess -
  • Given Club TV has partnered up with Channel 7 to allow our wishes to come true.
  • Club Rugby T V has been putting in a huge effort over the last couple of years. And I do think the chap who was driving it was a pretty solid Beasties supporter - so if they get game 1, so be it.
Pretty sure power to be will want viewer ratings, and the bigger games get better ratings - - - - - - -

Good work Club TV.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Could be a good game, lots of points possible and a few good new signings for each team may play along with a few Tahs players.

Also its a game not many of us here will be at, so we get to see two games!

B

BellyTwoBlues

At a guess -
  • Given Club TV has partnered up with Channel 7 to allow our wishes to come true.
  • Club Rugby T V has been putting in a huge effort over the last couple of years. And I do think the chap who was driving it was a pretty solid Beasties supporter - so if they get game 1, so be it.
Pretty sure power to be will want viewer ratings, and the bigger games get better ratings - - - - - - -

Good work Club TV.

Correct. John Murray is the Club Rugby TV guy and is also now Easts President.

John is a good man, who has championed this competition for a number of years and has also supported the little guy. IMO, he's earned the right to have his team 1st cab off the rank. Good luck to both teams.

Someone said to me last night 'It's only 7Two'.
There'll always be someone won't there? What they don't realise is that it's a commercial station, so now when we do interviews etc, we can display the logos of the businesses who support the clubs and then of course, the competition. ABC did a great job, no question, but there were limitations. Now, finally, we have a product that can be sold to advertisers with revenue going back to the game.

Bruce Worboys and his team at NSWRU have done a fantastic job in getting the deal done and I applaud them for doing so.

To the bar!!!!!!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
While I would like to see the most potentially "Exciting" game on each weekend, I recognise that as @BellyTwoBlues has pointed out, all clubs should get a guernsey on the Telly so they can offer exposure for their businesses that put their hand in their pocket for the clubs as their sponsors.

Two thumbs up from Chez Jarse to all those who worked so hard to stitch this deal up.

Status
Not open for further replies.