1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Discussion in 'Shute Shield' started by Hugh Jarse, Aug 17, 2014.

1. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

No hardcopy Rugby News
    No ABCTV (possibly)
    No money

We will still survive -- somehow!
  2. It is what it is John Solomon (38)

Cheika coaching Randwick will help though.
  3. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Works for me!
    Let's do away with the Super15 and NRC and Cheika can coach the Wicks and the Wallabies ;)
  4. Rugby Is My Life Herbert Moran (7)

SS round 1 is Sat March 21st - anyone seen the draw and know who plays who yet? Seems to be a lot of change and expect a dew clubs to surprise in 2015.
  5. Rugby Is My Life Herbert Moran (7)

6. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

By eliminating funding to clubs they are just widening the gap between club rugby and S15. Without funding clubs will still survive but won't be able to afford the training, coaching and management facilities needed to prepare players for the next level. The ARU board members are shooting themselves and Australian Rugby in the head. Who elects this unrepresentative swill? How do we get a vote?
    Aussie D and Ryan09 like this.
  7. Dave Beat Paul McLean (56)

It is interesting hey, they ask clubs to contribute to the NRC, and then the following year pull the plugs on clubs.

Maybe they should have said beginning of last year, instead of providing some club funding in 2015 we are going to direct it to the NRC so you will not need to foot as bigga expense with regards to NRC.

Instead a wammy.

I had rugby mates who new of the NRC, but had no idea it had already started - I.e. maybe the ARU could have made an effort with regards to public awareness.
    the coach and Inside Shoulder like this.
  8. Tah and feathered Watty Friend (18)

Any news on whether the ABC is going to televise next year?
    Without this it then makes it even more difficult to get sponsors involved.
    Even less money for clubs.
  9. Tah and feathered Watty Friend (18)

It hasnt been finalized and i can see there being some major dramas.
    With cricket still in full swing the rugby grounds with cricket pitches will be unavailable so the fields without cricket pitches will be used.
    These clubs wont be too happy to have a stack of early home games when patrons will be at cricket the beach or too hot for rugby and also miss out on bigger crowds at the back end of the season when final positions are on the line.
    Home crowds are even more important with no ARU money so i think some clubs will be lodging complaints when the draw is released.
  10. Crashy Dave Cowper (27)

Gordon’s Annual Report is out and again they have posted a profit – this year of $400k on a revenue of circa $900k.
    There is no doubt, the club is heading in the right direction after serious issues a few years back. A $900k rev puts them in the same company as Sydney Uni, West Harbour and Manly. ( not sure about how much the other clubs have made this year).
    Great to see.
  11. Crashy Dave Cowper (27)

12. I like to watch Simon Poidevin (60)

WTF is "other income"?
    $313k in '14 & $489k in '13
  13. Dave Beat Paul McLean (56)

What ever it is it is reducing the red which is good for the club.
  14. Crashy Dave Cowper (27)

I have a feeling its made up of pledges from ex-players and the Gordon RUFC committee, funds from Mingara and Friends of Gordon. I could be completely wrong but in this era of no money in rugby, I wouldn’t be complaining. Would be great to see a very strong Gordon again.
    Wazza2013 likes this.
  15. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Sydney Grade cricket will be at the qualifying finals stage on 21/3, so only 3 1st grade games on that weekend. Semis the next weekend (2 games) and final 4-6 April. I think only Randwick, Norths, Gordon, Manly and Uni share grounds with cricket these days so may not be too much of an issue.
    Last scheduled grade cricket round on each ground:
    Coogee 14/3
    North Sydney 28/2
    Chatswood 14/3
    Manly 14/3
    Uni 14/3
  16. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

dont want to be the right winger running north or the left winger running south out your way!
    Dave Beat likes this.
  17. Rugby Addict Herbert Moran (7)

According to Note 9 it is de-recognising the $300,000 bequeathed to the club by Pat Serisier. In 2013, from memory, it was a debt that was accrued in prior years but was agreed was no longer payable.
    Basically conservative accounting in prior years which has now been written back.
  18. Dave Beat Paul McLean (56)

In short and very very basic
    From being a rugby club $437k
    Expenditure $353k
    Profit $84k

Job well done
    Strewthcobber likes this.
  19. Tah and feathered Watty Friend (18)

I have been told the 1st draft of the draw comes out tomorrow.
  20. Gibbo Ron Walden (29)

Gday Guys - I took the liberty of dropping Gus Hearl GRFC president) a note about the 'other income'. He has kindly sent through this prompt response. (which even to this financial luddite makes sense).
    Cheers
    FYI the AGM is coming up.

I like to watch likes this.