• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not too many club home ovals have the capacity host the Grand Final.

If SRU are making a buck from it, good on them. Far too much in Rugby runs at a loss.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
To return to the subject of the venue..

I suspect there would have been a crowd of similar size at Concord.
The 2nd grade GF between traditional rivals would have contributed significantly to the gate and I reckon most of the Norths supporters (many of whom wouldn't have been born when Norths last won the SS) would have found their way to Concord. As for people who attended only because it was within walking distance of a mate's place, well I reckon there are probably guys with mates within walking distance of Concord too.

I'm a staunch believer in the GF being held at a neutral ground and the SRU only need to have a couple of backups to ensure this is achievable. This year it was obvious that Concord was going to be neutral for many weeks before the GF whereas there was a good chance Norths would be in the playoffs and therefore possibly the final for a similar period.

I honestly think the crowds will be bigger at North Sydney Oval than Concord just purely because more of the rugby population lives closer to NSO.

When was the last time Concord got near 11,000 for a game. And yes I know Norths were playing.

If Gordon were playing I think a similar crowd would be probable at NSO.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Best GF day is if there is a good mix of Clubs across the Grades. 4 Games, 8 different opponents.

The Corporation vs Randiwix in all 4 Grades would be as dull as dishwater for all but their supporters. Max crowd - about 2000.

How about this sequence, played at NSO (with yours truly advising NS Council on how to run the BBQ and Beer Tents (the Burger Crew from Forshaw Park, and Mrs @BellyTwoBlues in the Canteen, Nomad Brewery and <choke> CUB providing brown fighting juice, with NSW Country Eagles NRC administered food and wine expo on the far side of the oval):

G1 - Manly 32 def by Rats 45. (All in brawl - 2 YC MMM, 1 RC 2 YC to Rats, 21 all at Oranges)
G2 - Hobbits 26 def Beasties 25 (in extra time)
G3 - Buildcorp 6 def by Pirates 7
G4 - M2B 35 def The Gay Gordon 33

Crowd: 17295
Happy Punters: 11250. Some miseryguts will never be satisfied.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Egg on my face to - i have also sledged but supported him.

Game was won.
It was after the bell.
Nothing was done to instigate.
Sore winner.
Not good for the game.
Deserved yellow - but how, as bell had sounded?
A week on the pine - it wouldnt have happened mid year so now - dont know?

EDIT.
As i said above - I have supported him (Tummy Carter), as he played the game hard on the field, and left it on the field.

Rugby is about getting on top of your opposition and taking the bacon home.

Tom tracked me down, made contact, guys he was good for our game and will be missed.

Shit we can all do dumb shit in the heat of a game.

As can be seen - above is retracted, cheers Tom appreciate the time and the message.

Tight season, congrats to Norths.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The various club constitutions will state the requirements for Auditing of their accounts.

Most clubs are Incorporated entities, if not trading as a registered Company entity. None are privately owned to the best of my knowledge,

The clubs would have to comply with NSW financial legislation and regulation regarding their financial records.

drdave

Bob McCowan (2)
I was chatting with some mates and were wondering what are the guidelines if any on Shute Shield clubs and reporting?
It would depend on the nature of the club. Norths is not-for-profit company limited by guarantee - so it'll follow reporting requirements stipulated by the Corporations Act. An ABN search should help out.

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've been panned on here from pillar to post for my posts and being too straight a shooter. I love the shute shield i love my Wicks. I think it's a bloody joke to have a crack at clubs for talking to players. If your culture and programs sre good enough, you'll keep the majority of your list.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What caused this post @Oz Talent?

Seems a little out of place given the last few pages of this thread.

Perhaps he has come on to the 2016 thread by mistake?:confused:

There was some discussion on the 2017 SS thread re this, but most posts thought that there was no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.