• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
didn't someone quote $13M as the cost of the project?
I don't think the Beasties want to goad the council into seeking a commercial return on this investment....

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
$3m.
There is community use of the ground: junior clubs will use it and I have heard of one well known school with few grounds will use it.
i suspect what is going on here is some loss shifting.
Easts would not have had a contract with the builder but they do with the council.
The council will pass on the damages to the bloke who built it.
I have been told that this was his first foray into rugby.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Whoops, yeah $3M, I s'pose the Council is used to being involved in litigation ( I read that they are the most litigated council in the country), so being stuck in the middle of a damages case won't upset them as much as it would me.

Looking at the 7s guys after 2 tournaments on artificial turf, there's plenty of patches over everyone.

Why don't they go old school and use grease to minimise abrasions?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We used vaseline???

The old Eastwood Oval was pretty dangerous, I picked up a bad dose of golden staph there.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Whoops, yeah $3M, I s'pose the Council is used to being involved in litigation ( I read that they are the most litigated council in the country), so being stuck in the middle of a damages case won't upset them as much as it would me.

Looking at the 7s guys after 2 tournaments on artificial turf, there's plenty of patches over everyone.

Why don't they go old school and use grease to minimise abrasions?

This surface is quite different to anything thats more than a couple of years old. There were no more than the usual number of bleeding knees after the games and some players said it was actually slippery.
New lights too by the look of it.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
After almost 12 weeks of training there is an air of excitement around our Latham Park. The boys had a sharp session last night and the whole Club is looking forward to the opportunity to impress in our trial tomorrow at Latham Park. Our four grade teams take on the Manly Marlins.

The players have been told that season 2018 is a clean slate and for many this is their first opportunity to push their case for selection.

We look forward to the many graduating colts and new players at the Club having their first run in the senior ranks. With almost 20 colts graduating to grade this year the Club has an abundance of quality young players with many of them starting in the lower grades but keen to work their way up.

With so many quality rugby players, managing the expectations of our squad of players is the most important role of our coaches. Over the next few weeks we will get an idea of our player talent and we will work on implementing a game plan to suit that talent.

We are looking to create an environment of continual learning that encourages ownership that lets the player’s knowledge, experience and motivation blossom.

With another 12-15 players set to return from injury over the next two trials the Club is in a strong position as we work towards our goal of winning the 2018 Club championship. View the squads for this week below or Click to view Team Lists >>>..

A great thing about rugby is that the next week rolls on and one has another opportunity to improve. As they say “you are only as good as your last game”.

In the coming weeks we are also hosting West Harbour and Northern Suburbs at Latham Park as we head into Round 1 on the 7th of April at Coogee Oval. I encourage you to get behind the Club and support the teams on Saturday and get your first glimpse of the Galloping Greens of 2018.

If you can’t make it to Latham over the next three weeks we look forward to seeing you all at Coogee Oval for Round 1 versus Gordon on the 7th of April.

Up the Wicks!

https://mailchi.MP (Moana Pasifika)/randwickrugby/letter-from-the-coach-1199741

Good write up.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Penrith boys are going to sleep well tonight. Most played 2 or 3 full games!

1st 80+ lost
2nd 100+ lost
All other grades including colts lost by 70+

Had about 60 blokes for 7 grades

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Penrith boys are going to sleep well tonight. Most played 2 or 3 full games!

1st 80+ lost
2nd 100+ lost
All other grades including colts lost by 70+

Had about 60 blokes for 7 grades

You wonder how long the Penrith club can sustain this. Results seem worse year by year, player numbers seem worse year by year. One can understand at the end of the season that they might stuggle with numbers after weeks of heavy losses, but we haven't started yet.

The rugby authorities seem unwilling or unable to help them turn it around, the Penrith club seems unable to turn it around. At what point does the club say we can't play in this competition any more for our own continued survival as a club?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Isn't it to be reviewed after 4 rounds?

Seems a foregone conclusion unfortunately,

I believe it is.
I reckon everyone wants rugby out west to survive and grow.
But how can this be done?
It has to be the club, just as much as the support, they cant be given - if something comes easy it goes easy.
If they do drop away, what will the ongoing impact be - every team misses at least one extra game and players want to play.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Two Blues looked good yesterday narrowly going down to the Marlins. Parra was even ahead at half time.

We have a very very young team this year but they are full of drive and passion and ready for 2018.

Got to have a chat to a few of the Manly supporters, good people. They commented they really enjoyed the day......and the burgers.

it was a fitting and off to the ground. Thanks Manly.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Two Blues looked good yesterday narrowly going down to the Marlins. Parra was even ahead at half time.

We have a very very young team this year but they are full of drive and passion and ready for 2018.

Got to have a chat to a few of the Manly supporters, good people. They commented they really enjoyed the day..and the burgers.

it was a fitting and off to the ground. Thanks Manly.

Rugby people are generally good people - was a relaxing day out there.

T

TOCC

If they do drop away, what will the ongoing impact be - every team misses at least one extra game and players want to play.

There's also the broader issue of losing a rugby pathway in one of the Australia's fastest growing regions

Status
Not open for further replies.