• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNude

Peter Burge (5)
Nick Phipps and Lachie Swinton named to start. J.Gordon, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Matt Philip most likely on the bench. Southern will get a whoopin', not 'cos the Super Rugby players are back, just 'cos they've played like busteds all year. Shame 'cos its SDRC 30th Birthday and a big match day for them.
Battle of the Beaches LIVE on 7Two. Hope the MMM faithful pack the place out, but Rats too strong. Happy to be wrong, but would hate to see Eastwood sit atop the ladder with their tame run home in the final rounds. A Wests win would be great, but Eastwood rise up at Concord - memories of Grand Finals past.
Gordon to go one try better than Round 8 and get the better of Northern.
Randwick can't beat Easts. They have been mostly ordinary all year and Easts pushed Uni around at Woollahra last weekend.

Phipps over Gordon is somewhat interesting after Jake bagged 2 tries last week.

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ah, but with Benny Batger at the helm, he'll be unlikely to want his memories of Concord tarnished.
He has been a bit of a surprise as a 1st Grade coach this year.
Player to coach - especially at your own club - is never an easy transition.
And yes, Manenti will have had a hand in that, but he is now too busy to be there weekly, surely.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Mate, Wests have beaten us everywhere in the last few years. Here there and especially at Concord.

That's how I remember things too.

And just to make sure my memory isn't playing tricks of me, a little research shows:

19 May 2018 - Wests def Eastwood 27-24 at TGM
14 July 2018 - Wests def Eastwood 33-26 at Concord
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rug...ixtures-results/1vesyy92j5kgb19977pk5odt8u/14

6 May 2017 - Wests def Eastwood 41-26 at TGM
1 July 2017 - Wests def Eastwood 43-36 at Concord
https://www.scoreboard.com/en/rugby-union/australia/shute-shield-2017/results/

18 June 2016 - Wests def Eastwood 21-20 at Concord
https://www.scoreboard.com/en/rugby-union/australia/shute-shield-2016/results/
(only played once in 2016)

I won't go any further to save making you relive any more of these results.:)

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)
He was first choice at the Tahs. So not too surprising.

They both want to force their way into camp Wallaby, so I expect Uni will probably rotate them and give them both chances.

I think it's Uni making sure each of their Super Rugby players qualify properly for Finals...
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) flown over to SA on standby so won't feature again.

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)
Memories of Eastwood beating Wests at Concord would have to be long term memories.;)

Eastwood teams with the Batger brothers only had good memories...
The Woods were simply formidable under Hugh Perrett. That 2011 GF team simply perfect (though Nick Batger injured if memory serves).

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
What a fantastic day of Rugby between Gordon and Norths across the grades and colts. It was a “Tartan out”..and what a magnificent result for 1’s to finish ahead despite being reduced to 12 players in the final stages of the game.

How on earth does a team manage to get down to 12 men?

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
How on earth does a team manage to get down to 12 men?

Courtesy of the whistleblower penalising, what to me appeared to be, nothing more than well executed, legal but ferocious tackles... 3 yellow cards in the last 10 mins... Nothing more to say on that matter. As you can imagine the crowd provided the Ref with lots of unbiased, generous and ongoing performance feedback at the time.

Stags had the Shoreman’s measure across the park from the opening whistle and Mr K.Hunt was firing on all 12 Cylinders during his 50 minute return from injury...

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
What was the crowd at North Sydney Oval look like? I reckon there were deadset 10 thousand at Rat Park...

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
What was the crowd at North Sydney Oval look like? I reckon there were deadset 10 thousand at Rat Park.

Quite evenly spread ....guessing several (3+) thousand ....hill was fullish as was the grandstand... and lots watching from the fence line...

Status
Not open for further replies.