• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Rats coach goone. Hear there are some very unhappy people there. Colts players who should be playing firsts etc. josh holmes new coach.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
They’ve been really disappointing. Lame is how I’d describe their 1st grade.

I think Holmes is a good appointment. Don’t think it will hurt their Colts program which has a great group. Hopefully he will help bring them through into grade

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I thought the Woods could have taken more points in that first 20 or so minutes of the game. Their tactics were perhaps a little naive. Randwick were excellent in the second half mind you.

The Norths v Manly game was good value, but Norths always looked in control.

Best two sides in the GF

Herman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Randwick shooting for their first title since 2004. I’m tipping them. Norths a worthy opponent.
Welcome to the 2023 Shute Shield Grand Final.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I agree with you there.

Norths have been so consistent for a decade now but Randwick have the feeling Gordon had when they won it. Team rolling down hill gets it at the end of the season gets it.

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
I thought the Woods could have taken more points in that first 20 or so minutes of the game. Their tactics were perhaps a little naive. Randwick were excellent in the second half mind you.
Woodies had a good chance with a lineout close to the line, but Ed Craig managed to f... up his throw. Randwick seemed to bring on their A front row in the second half. The replacement hooker in particular was dynamic with ball in hand.

Our scrum was towelled up, first time this season, IIRC.

Another big factor was Icely made several uncharacteristic errors.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
No doubt that Randwick was the best team and deserved to win but having Gardiner come in and referee a preliminary final like a test match ruined the game. He has no feel to the way Shute Shield has been refereed all year. Hopefully Matt Kellahan gets the GF and we have a fair contest for the Grand Final.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah I don’t mind him but he can become a bit of a angry cop out there at times and talking at the players.

I never think it works and the players tend to think why is he being a dick and start to ignore.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
No doubt that Randwick was the best team and deserved to win but having Gardiner come in and referee a preliminary final like a test match ruined the game. He has no feel to the way Shute Shield has been refereed all year. Hopefully Matt Kellahan gets the GF and we have a fair contest for the Grand Final.
Matt Kellahan enjoys making games about him.

Referee of the year was Richard Manchee - wouldnt it make sense to let him referee it? hes just won the award for so called best referee in shute shield, or is that the same voting system as how coach of the year won?

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Have heard Rats have appointed Daniel Guers as 2nd grade coach - Daniel is the current GM and head of colts at Two blues (ex 2nd grade coach at rats too a while ago, plus penrith and gordon colts, and anywhere else that will take him)

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Have heard Rats have appointed Daniel Guers as 2nd grade coach - Daniel is the current GM and head of colts at Two blues (ex 2nd grade coach at rats too a while ago, plus penrith and gordon colts, and anywhere else that will take him)
Feels odd that one. Wouldn’t think he’s a very sought after coach but availability being his only asset

deeplyamateurcoach

Frank Row (1)
He lost the power struggle fight at two blues. heard he was pimping himself out to anyone who would listen, eastwood, west harbour, gordon, rats were the only one that said yes.
Rats coach goone. Hear there are some very unhappy people there. Colts players who should be playing firsts etc. josh holmes new coach.
not saying youre bad people but the coaches you gossip about here read this or there mates do. they aren't international celebrities. rugby is either a passion or if theyre lucky a job for them. a lot of the stuff youre talking about is wrong wrong anyways.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
You’re correct. Rugby forums can be harsh, but they can also be very complimentary to performers. When someone gets paid to coach Rugby they become open to criticism. Who reads it is the individual’s problem.

It should never enter personal territory which I don’t think it has.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
You’re correct. Rugby forums can be harsh, but they can also be very complimentary to performers. When someone gets paid to coach Rugby they become open to criticism. Who reads it is the individual’s problem.

It should never enter personal territory which I don’t think it has.
Do you know of any coaches or players (past/present) that have read this forum?