• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
I reckon Edmed could be a good shout to brums or rebs to play 12
Yes! He needs a go at 12. This way we can bring in Bowen and if Goddard heads over to the brumbies Wilson gets pushed up. There is no benefit for Edmed to stay at the tahs and play fly-half when he's already competed with Donaldson and lost (in terms of selections).

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Yes! He needs a go at 12. This way we can bring in Bowen and if Goddard heads over to the brumbies Wilson gets pushed up. There is no benefit for Edmed to stay at the tahs and play fly-half when he's already competed with Donaldson and lost (in terms of selections).
Um, I think Edmed's had the first go at 10 for the Tahs every time he's been available - he's been injured since about Round 3 this year, and the likelihood he re-takes the 10 spot on his return has only improved each week...

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Um, I think Edmed's had the first go at 10 for the Tahs every time he's been available - he's been injured since about Round 3 this year, and the likelihood he re-takes the 10 spot on his return has only improved each week...
He started at 10 because Donaldson was at full-back (beale situation) and Jorgensen hadn't yet moved to full-back until Edmed got injured. Aside from that, Donaldson also got selected for the wallabies squad over Edmed last year. Also, my point still stands? It's clear that Bowen is eventually going to start playing fly-half for more games over the next year so why would we want to keep Donaldson, Edmed and Bowen?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
He started at 10 because Donaldson was at full-back (beale situation) and Jorgensen hadn't yet moved to full-back until Edmed got injured. Aside from that, Donaldson also got selected for the wallabies squad over Edmed last year. Also, my point still stands? It's clear that Bowen is eventually going to start playing fly-half for more games over the next year so why would we want to keep Donaldson, Edmed and Bowen?
Don't forget Harrison

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Harrison won't be back. Done his knee again poor bloke and unlikely to get a renewal I would think.
Tahs need to bite the bullet and move on Donaldson or Edmed. Especially if Sua'ali'i becomes available.
Bowen to be a starter next year I reckon.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Harrison won't be back. Done his knee again poor bloke and unlikely to get a renewal I would think.
Tahs need to bite the bullet and move on Donaldson or Edmed. Especially if Sua'ali'i becomes available.
Does Sua'ali'i really affect the fly-half position? Seems to me that Perese or Pietch has to look at other options, which is pretty sad as they have both been performing great in recent games.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Maybe but Harrison is a better player than both Edmed and Donaldson. The smart decision would be to try and re-sign him on an unders deal let him rehab and see what happens. Edmed still looks more like a 12 to me. It is kicking the can down the road another year (in terms of making a decision) but that also gives all players time to develop.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Does Sua'ali'i really affect the fly-half position? Seems to me that Perese or Pietch has to look at other options, which is pretty sad as they have both been performing great in recent games.
Perese is so overhyped. Limited skillset and predictable. Granted hard to tackle but the play ends with him so often.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Perese is so overhyped. Limited skillset and predictable. Granted hard to tackle but the play ends with him so often.
I've always advocated for Sua'ali'i to play outside center. It's still absurd that all of his Schoolboy Rugby Union Highlights only included him in Year 9 and 10. Just imagine him in year 11 and 12 playing for kings, literally unstoppable.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I've always advocated for Sua'ali'i to play outside center. It's still absurd that all of his Schoolboy Rugby Union Highlights only included him in Year 9 and 10. Just imagine him in year 11 and 12 playing for kings, literally unstoppable.
13 for me as well.

Especially with Jorgensen.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Give him a crack at 7's when he has recovered. We have seen so many players do well on the back of doing a stint early in 7's. Plus i'm sure there would be a way the overlords at RA would make him available for the wicks ;)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
One of the problem with 7s is that it gives these players are global profile. Porch and O'Donnell were poached from 7s.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
DC playing games with the rebs, both Wilson & Goddard not picked to play club rugby, looks like Holz back in a tahs jersey after his big performance last week Botha back at Uni