• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
With a dominant Easts scrum, Manly lucky not to have one put in the bin at the end. Easts really should have won that game. Still picked up 2 points though
Yeah Easts butchered that. Saying that - there is only one thing better than seeing Easts lose....

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Gordon finished a lot stronger than the Woodies. It's going to be a long cold winter for us!
Yeah that was strange. Eastwood had a lead with what, 10 mins left then it ended up being a 3 try loss.

Randwick we’re giving Easts a spanking when I had a check. Not surprising with so many guys out for Easts.

Two Blues giving Uni a good loss makes my weekend even better

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Yep and Manly beating Norths in a great game was sweet. Good to see Souths beat the Rats as well. A lot of upsets this weekend. The year feels like last season - a congested table with zero whipping boys.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
ah yes, felt that through the covid years of 2020 and 2021.
With the comp as tight as it is 2 back to back wins can create a new season
We lost a couple that we could just as easily have won, then had an escape against the Two Blues. We were leading the Highlanders by 8 with 10 minutes to go, gave away a penalty try and a YC.

On the other hand our First Grade Colts are unbeaten (maybe we should promote some of them!!!)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Shute Shield is blessed with some great photographers, provides a great advert for our game, and creates memories.
Telling a 1000 words care of PBS Sportspics - David MacLean

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
We lost a couple that we could just as easily have won, then had an escape against the Two Blues. We were leading the Highlanders by 8 with 10 minutes to go, gave away a penalty try and a YC.

On the other hand our First Grade Colts are unbeaten (maybe we should promote some of them!!!)
Yeah watched the colts game v Manly - it was a good game.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, Eastwood Colts are flying. Good to see. Been very smililar teams at the top of Colts for the last few years. Though I am glad to see a number of guys going to other Clubs later like Gibbs, O’Donnell at Norths from Uni and Bell for Manly.

Saw that Eastwood U18s playing Kings 1st XV this weekend. Building some links? Hugh Perrett was coaching at Kings I think.

Wins at this point of the season are huge with some Clubs likely to gain a lot more Tahs than some others. Easts & Uni seem to have the most that won’t be involved in the RWC

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't tell you how many times I've switched on a Norths game and wondered why they have a red card already

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
1st XV lost 15-13
2nd XV 26 all
3rd XV won 17 -10
4th XV lost 31 -19
Colts1 lost 29-13
colts2 lost 12-7
colts3 lost 6-5
Womens lost to uni by alot
5th bye
21colts beat manly 18-12
I thought easts womens beat Uni last week? Not the best results this week but at least nearly all games were close.