• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Snapshift - JOC (James O'Connor) Approves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Is there any way of quantifying how much of JOCs positive mindset is due to dietary supplements and how much is due to snapping a hairband? Suisse could be pissed.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Pity his positive mindset was on holiday on the weekend when he slagged a well known sports journo on Twitter, who had asked him a pretty valid question.
More of a Batfist than a Snapshift.

I've added a screen cap. FYI JOC (James O'Connor) called Lindsay and apologised.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333404934739.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333404934739.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 347
P

philsale

If my bloody iPad would let me copy the link properly. Linds Clement-Meehan asked why a banner ad for Swisse had him in a Force jersey and if it was good for his brand, he made a snide comment about her profile pic. Sat night.

Found it. Ta for that.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just watched the rugby club, disappointed they decided to assist this pathetic scam (and didn't disclose they were). They may as well turn themselves into one of those morning TV programs that pass off paid adverts as neutral product reviews.

Even worse is how they tried to pretend by buying the band you are supporting a charity. $1 from those bands is nothing, the profit margins would be huge. You should just donate $19 to the charity and buy a 50c lucky band to snap on your wrist.

The bands are harmless, but it's the "if you have a positive mindset it will magically work" attitude that is very dangerous. You wont see Quade Cooper playing with a broken knee because he's got a magic band to snap away all his issues, but how does Tommy the U13 player know this is the reality?

Nice one fox sports.

C

Cave Dweller

One card shift from the centre of the deck which is a illusion. Just like that product

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would rather give the whole $20 to the charity. Saw this on the rugby club and thought Quade,Cippers, Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) would be fantastic ammbassadors for youth depression but the corporate side of it makes me want to vomit.

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)
Watching the rugby club on thursday was like seeing the too cool kids do their group assignment presentation for Marketing 101. They get a B and everyone is too polite to tell them it's stupid.

I've lost the last scraps of respect for JOC (James O'Connor) off-field with this. Truly an ego of enormous proportions. Using "charity" as your cover to get free marketing is low.

Whoever is running the snapshift twitter account is searching themselves on twitter - they bite on any negative mentions...

snapshiftwonka2.jpg

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Seeing how Kurtley and Danny kicked for goal tonight. Snapahift does not help you kick goals. Those were the worse attempts at goal kicking I have seen in a long time.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I would rather give the whole $20 to the charity. Saw this on the rugby club and thought Quade,Cippers, Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) would be fantastic ammbassadors for youth depression but the corporate side of it makes me want to vomit.

With the things they say on twitter, I think any charity would do well to stay away from any if them. They can all turn on the charm but there is an underlying let's say "rascal" vein that twitter doesn't gave a filter for.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
More I think about it the more "rascal" doesn't apply, rascal for me can inticate a Dennis the men is type that makes mistakes but you forgive cos you know they have a heart if gold. I think these three are fantastic rugby players but with every passing mistake............I just don't know

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
With the things they say on twitter, I think any charity would do well to stay away from any if them. They can all turn on the charm but there is an underlying let's say "rascal" vein that twitter doesn't gave a filter for.

I don't really go much for twitter but I base my comments on the fact that they are young men in a pressure environment. Each one of lifes learning curves (they have all had them) is highly publicised and they are finding their way in life in a high pressure environment.

Like all of us, none of these blokes a perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.