• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sorry ARU no refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
fatprop said:
I blame Wisemantel ("the reduction of skills coach") , the Tahs lack of a backs coach and the shear laziness of the Tahs team.

No one can possible accept that the cattle there shouldn't be showing some skills and structure.

No one can possibly accept the lack of effort in getting the basics right.

On Tahu, the guy is a damaging runner with great hands and solid defence. Why not give him the ball in some space.

I reckon you're on exactly the right line there FP.

All 3 other Aussie S14 teams have a running from depth option with flat decoys, even 2 sets of decoys. The tahs play the same flat ball hit out time and again (apart from the first 20 against the Brumbies). Makes defending against them a doddle.

This season I couldn't tell you whether Beale has a long pass or not because the backline's never set up for it.

Which makes me ask
- who's calling the plays? (apparently the centre's were going to be, but 12 is a revolving door and Horne is a 19 year old)
- what they fark are they coaching on the training paddock (same question Campo asked on the Rugby Club)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As I was saying to a complete stranger at the game on Saturday night: what is the point of keeping all your cards close to your chest in the first five weeks? Its all well and good to prevent the opposition analysing your special moves before the finals, but you have to make sure you get into the fucking finals first!

Said stranger was also a fan of Melrose - believe he said "He may have been a prick, but he knew how to run a backline"

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
NTA said:
As I was saying to a complete stranger at the game on Saturday night: what is the point of keeping all your cards close to your chest in the first five weeks? Its all well and good to prevent the opposition analysing your special moves before the finals, but you have to make sure you get into the fucking finals first!

Said stranger was also a fan of Melrose - believe he said "He may have been a prick, but he knew how to run a backline"

You're telling porkies Nick, I was on the far side of the ground. It wasn't me. My brother, perhaps. ::) ::) ::)

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Gagger said:
Which makes me ask
- who's calling the plays? (apparently the centre's were going to be, but 12 is a revolving door and Horne is a 19 year old)
- what they fark are they coaching on the training paddock (same question Campo asked on the Rugby Club)

Different coach. Same players. But hey, keep scapegoating the coach, right ? :eek:

Reality is the Tahs backs are absolutely and completely hopeless. I have been pointing out the obvious for ages, why do people ignore the obvious ?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
naza said:
Gagger said:
Which makes me ask

Different coach. Same players. But hey, keep scapegoating the coach, right ? :eek:

Reality is the Tahs backs are absolutely and completely hopeless. I have been pointing out the obvious for ages, why do people ignore the obvious ?

People ignoring you Naz? Never.....

In reality it's gotta be a bit of both. The biggest problem is the lack of a solid experienced player in the backline who's not an ex-mungo and/or on the wing. This was pretty fuggen obvious when they signed Tahu for chrissakes and I thought I read them talking about K.HUNT?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Like Lindo says, Link + Louden and we would be champs. Let's scapegpat the admins! Burn the stadium! But seriously, they are fucking wankers.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
Like Lindo says, Link + Louden and we would be champs. Let's scapegpat the admins! Burn the stadium! But seriously, they are fucking wankers.

You could do worse than have a coaching crew whose names start with L. ;D ;D ;D

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
I gave up listening to Ella years ago.

Between him and Campo their sole existence is for a media headline.

The argument of just dropping players and hoping for a result is oversimplified and ignores the core of the Horrortahs problems. Tahu at this point has shown little to display an ability to reverse this season's fortunes. His price tag should not warrant selection. (As should have been the case with Sailor, Tuquiri etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.