• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

South Africa vs Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Its because in this country we pick size and how many underpants commercials he have appeared in rather than picking the 15 best guys doing the job the best in their position.

Currently we are playing with a no 8 who thinks he is a inside center, a outside center trying to intercept every pass. Two flankers that stand off flat rather than to go ball hunting and two props that is either needs a rest or was skipping fitness training on a regular basis this year.

They do not work as a unit and fall short of expectations simply because they rely on their individual abilities in stead of creating constructive synergy by merging their talents with the rest of the group.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
What a lot of croc.
Could not think of a single standout for the Boks.
Bereft of ideas in attack. Static ball the whole night.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Kolisi played well. And off course there will not be stand out performances as rugby is a team game. We are predictable. We need to speed up the game in this country seeking the earth only when there is no other option; releasing players from consistent “pod” play to support and run as ball carriers; passing in or before contact then supporting the man who receives the pass.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Nice to see the Springboks in white so's not to clash with the Sweaties dark blue jumpers. Rugby's got a long tradition of affording the away team the honour of wearing their standard kit (ABs wear white when playing Scotland in NZ while the Sweaties wear white in Scotland, etc.), it's a shame the Super sides seemed to've adopted the soccer tradition of an "away" alternative.

Let's establish our rugby tradition in all circumstances: teams travel with only ONE kit. The home side have the ground advantage together with storage space to rummage around for another set of jumpers.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Nice to see the Springboks in white so's not to clash with the Sweaties dark blue jumpers. Rugby's got a long tradition of affording the away team the honour of wearing their standard kit (ABs wear white when playing Scotland in NZ while the Sweaties wear white in Scotland, etc.), it's a shame the Super sides seemed to've adopted the soccer tradition of an "away" alternative.

Let's establish our rugby tradition in all circumstances: teams travel with only ONE kit. The home side have the ground advantage together with storage space to rummage around for another set of jumpers.

Well at least there was one positive from the game then. :)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bob Dwyer?

Actually to be honest they did but got away with it.

SA's problem from the top down is this attitude of always looking for an excuse and being unable to adapt on the field and enforce themselves.

I predict a very, very long season. Last in the 3N and a scrappy NH tour. The ABs look good and the Wobs will come hard after the Lions series. I see all the failings of last year in the way we played. We show little to no dominance in any phase of play and it just feels like all we do is hang in.

Meyer looks like a coach unable to change from what worked at the Bulls. He is not bold.

Tough times ahead for Book supporters.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
SA's problem from the top down is this attitude of always looking for an excuse and being unable to adapt on the field and enforce themselves.

I think we're kind of saying the same thing. I don't view it as making an excuse to make an observation about why a team failed to perform. It turns into an excuse if the team isn't going to observe, learn and correct.

South Africa need to be smarter on the field. Physicality gets them so far, but if referees are allowing certain things, then unfortunately, a side needs to cheat better to take advantage of that.

I predict a very, very long season. Last in the 3N and a scrappy NH tour.

It's been a long time since we didn't have a scrappy NH tour. Those days are just distant fond memories.

Tough times indeed.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
South Africa need to be smarter on the field. Physicality gets them so far
This is why we are crap. Keep plugging away doing the same thing year after year. Overcoached and all individual brilliance coached out of the players. It does nothing for my drinking problem.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
This is why we are crap. Keep plugging away doing the same thing year after year. Overcoached and all individual brilliance coached out of the players. It does nothing for my drinking problem.
Agree. Take JWC for instance.

Heyneke already had huge influence last year with Pollard’s selection.
Dawie himself stated that Heyneke had assisted the Baby Boks with their preparation before last years tournie, and suggested that Pollard be given a shot at the expense of Zelinga If I remember correctly.
Lucky for all, it worked out last year…..This year, not so much.
This year I reckon it was Meyer who suggested Pollard play 12 Tuks……
He always seems to want to fuck with players positions and Frankenstein them into being what he wants them to be. Spies: wing to kakkest 8th man in history.
CJ Stander – flank to hooker? Yeah right, I would also have fled.
JJ Engelbrecht – Wing to 13 cos he’s big and strong……
etc
etc
ect
Ok, now the Heyneke choir can start singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.