• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern States Challenge played last w/e in Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
I SA is a state the ARU should be really looking to develop. As has been mentioned they do draw reasonably good crowds to the 7s. It appears to be more about support and getting out in the community and schools to develop at the very least awareness of the game. I would like to see the ARS resurrected and really pushed in the minnow states.

Its more AFL than Vic, ARS is the step needed, regular state games. The 7s crowds are floaters and can disappear as quickly as they appear.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I went to the Adelaide 7's last year and the crowds were good. I was in a wine shop in North Adelaide the day after and it was heartening to hear a couple of people ask the owner where rugby clubs were in the city so they could get along and have a look. He said he didn't know, but fortunately I was able to impart some of my limited knowledge of the code in SA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.