• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks vs Wallabies @ Newlands 27/9/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Know its way to early but the Aussies/Saffers planning to watch live , book this the night before the test in Stellenbosch. Its for a good course.
Legends_zpsbb21875a.jpg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This test next in line and one I sure look forward to. Dont expect much changes from the Bok team. Will be interesting to see the Bokke moving forward from saturday. Now we need a 5 pointer to get back on track.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
This test next in line and one I sure look forward to. Dont expect much changes from the Bok team. Will be interesting to see the Bokke moving forward from saturday. Now we need a 5 pointer to get back on track.
Bokke by 50+

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I can sense a bloodbath up front - we're a bit light-on in a few positions at the moment, and although I don't doubt the application of the guys stepping up, I fear it could get a bit ugly. At least it won't be 3-pointers from 60m at sea-level; or will it?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Thinking (with perhaps a touch of optimism, and based more on Perth than Wellington) that the Aus scrum will be okay. Taf is a big loss there, once again. It's a tough tour coming up.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hugh Roach would tour before anyone else in the NRC. He's been fucking good - probably best lineout thrower I've seen. Around the park he's into everything and with Alcock and Perrett, is like three open sides

T

Train Without a Station

If we are serious about development, then they have to look to the NRC not a guy who is 34 and has started less than a handful of Super games. Take a young bloke who has started less than a handful!

Development? Why do they need to develop anybody further? There's now 8 test capped hookers actively playing. Take the best fucking option right now in case he needs to play. This is test rugby not a fucking under 16 rep carnival.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Of the Super hookers:

Injured:
Moore
Siliva
TPN
Latu
Charles
Tessman

Ineligible:
Horie
Leafa (till Jan 2015)

Fit:
Hanson
Saia
Mann-Rea
Sexton
Roach

Given the top 3 and the two for the future are injured, the balance for the rest of the RC is probably right.

Take Roach on the EOYT if people are still unfit by all means, but if the expectation is for at least 1 of the 5 injured players to be fit, taking JMR is the right move.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hugh Roach would tour before anyone else in the NRC. He's been fucking good - probably best lineout thrower I've seen. Around the park he's into everything and with Alcock and Perrett, is like three open sides

Looks like (in stature) and plays like Michael Hooper. This forum would go nuts. Bring it on!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Of the Super hookers:

Injured:
Moore
Siliva
TPN
Latu
Charles
Tessman

Ineligible:
Horie
Leafa (till Jan 2015)

Fit:
Hanson
Saia
Mann-Rea
Sexton
Roach

Given the top 3 and the two for the future are injured, the balance for the rest of the RC is probably right.

Take Roach on the EOYT if people are still unfit by all means, but if the expectation is for at least 1 of the 5 injured players to be fit, taking JMR is the right move.

Saw that Siliva might get a start this weekend. Would one game be sufficient to get him on the plane?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Don't reckon so. Hang around and wait for the 3rd Bled, he'd have 3 games under his belt, good enough to play 3rd rake for the 5/6 remaining games.

Status
Not open for further replies.