• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Trial Rebels v Brumbies 23JAN20 Greenfield Park Albury 345pm

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
82979064_10157900144194806_8231876366966980608_o.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Asaeli Tikoirotuma is about 40. How did he pop up?

Only 33 according to Wikipedia which surprises me. I certainly thought he was older.

He popped up during last year's Global Rapid Rugby playing for Asia Pacific Dragons so presumably he has been on the hunt for a contract to continue his professional rugby career.

Seems a little questionable whether an Australian Super Rugby side can or should sign him though given he isn't eligible to play for Australia etc. etc.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Quite a few missing that I would have expected to have seen named: Uelese, Killingworth, Ainsley, Kemeny, Fa'amasili, Magnay, Louwrens.

Edit: Plus Tuttle and Tupou.

English, I think only finished up in Japan last weekend.

English and Lourens only finished in Japan on the weekend, Uelese, Ainsley and Wilkin we’re running in team rehab on Tuesday, Tuttle still recovering from achilles. Assume the others not fit either.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
English and Lourens only finished in Japan on the weekend, Uelese, Ainsley and Wilkin we’re running in team rehab on Tuesday, Tuttle still recovering from achilles. Assume the others not fit either.
Is Uelese okay? Nothing serious?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
All three we’re running pretty easily, no strapping, nothing obvious to my eye just working with the physio. I suspect they will fit for round 1.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blake Enever nowhere to be seen..........

Injured, or still out of favour with McKellar?

Otherwise, that first choice team largely as expected, except Kata in for Pulu.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
All three we’re running pretty easily, no strapping, nothing obvious to my eye just working with the physio. I suspect they will fit for round 1.
Yep, anyone with even the slightest knock or strain been treated with caution. I actually think this is what game 1 team will look like considering they travel to Japan first up. Should be good enough to do a job there, will give a few extra weeks into rehab for those carrying knocks or returning.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
^ The Rebels take on the Brumbies at Greenfield Reserve in Albury on Thursday January 23. Game one kicks off at 3:45pm, game two at 6;15pm . Game two will be streamed LIVE on RUGBY.com.au, brumbies.rugby and melbournerebels.com.