• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) Round 1 25/02/23 Force v Rebels

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I wonder if it might be Ross Haylett-Petty? I haven't heard he's signed anywhere else and I'm pretty sure he's back in Perth since leaving the Rebels "... to continue his professional playing career overseas."

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I wonder if it might be Ross Haylett-Petty? I haven't heard he's signed anywhere else and I'm pretty sure he's back in Perth since leaving the Rebels "... to continue his professional playing career overseas."
I guess Perth is technically overseas if he came via the P&O Fairstar.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Really good call this wouldn't be upset with that at all. It was really disappointing to lose Ross and others after being disbanded and then not returning. Completely understand why but it was hard to swallow.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I guess Perth is technically overseas if he came via the P&O Fairstar.
Now there's a blast from the past - the Fairstar. Did the Christmas/New Year cruise in 70/71 as a little belated honeymoon. Nukualofa, Pago Pago and Suva/Lautoka. Among other memorable things!, introduced me to Pizza.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
The Rebels have a better Front Row, Halves and Midfield surely no debate there - I think the Force have better Loose Forwards and the Back Field is 50/50 in my opinion. Could swing either way Lock wise but my money would be on Canham and Tualima.

Front Row - Rebels (Gibbo, Mafi, Talakai)

Locks - Rebels (Canham, Tualima)

Back Row - Force (Anstee, Callan, Wells)

Halves - Rebels (Louwrens, Gordon)

Mid Field - Rebels (Hodge/Ili)

Back Field - 50/50 (although I do think Ioane is one of the best wingers in the comp)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Rebels have a better Front Row, Halves and Midfield surely no debate there - I think the Force have better Loose Forwards and the Back Field is 50/50 in my opinion. Could swing either way Lock wise but my money would be on Canham and Tualima.

Front Row - Rebels (Gibbo, Mafi, Talakai)

Locks - Rebels (Canham, Tualima)

Back Row - Force (Anstee, Callan, Wells)

Halves - Rebels (Louwrens, Gordon)

Mid Field - Rebels (Hodge/Ili)

Back Field - 50/50 (although I do think Ioane is one of the best wingers in the comp)

Not that these things are really relevant, but I'd have the Force as the better in the halves and back three and 50/50 in the centres.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Now there's a blast from the past - the Fairstar. Did the Christmas/New Year cruise in 70/71 as a little belated honeymoon. Nukualofa, Pago Pago and Suva/Lautoka. Among other memorable things!, introduced me to Pizza.
....are those destination names? Thought you were naming the Blues tight 5 :p

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He is. Doing a few events down here, in addition to the super round. One with the Vic Rugby coaches (community) and a Rugby school event. Eddie everywhere.

Its only a matter of time that RA produce these as merch options given away at any event Eddie attends.

Eddie.jpg