• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

State of the Union - 2011 Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I've put together a survey to gain a better understanding of G&GR's readers.

I'm planning to ask the same questions at the end of each year to gain insight into how the public opinion of rugby fans changes over time.

The survey is open from tonight until the end of November. Please suggest any changes to the format for next year's survey in the comments below.

Here is the link: http://www.kwiksurveys.com/?s=OOEEGH_88cb21c6

Note: All questions are optional, and there is no personally identifiable data collected.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Wow, 2 responses already. Thread was posted 8 minutes ago if that gives you an idea how long it takes to complete ;)

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Moses - I thought that 'fair' as a category was similar to 'good' and not worse than 'neutral' so maybe somthing like 'below average' would work better? Then again, that might just be me.

Thanks for going to the effort, I'm going to be interested to see the results.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Completed, might help to include a N/A option for some of them, but.

Example being that AAMI Park widely advertise they have no parking. I answered neutral for that one.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
I know you want to keep it a quick and easy survey. I just think you might want some extra detail when rating matchday experience. For instance I rated transport for the reds and wallabies games as excellent but that is only because the ones I attended where at Suncorp. I've also rated food and drink as excellent for both but don't eat or drink (much) at the ground.

Lastly, I still get a massive smile on my face when I think about the reds :yay so it was very hard to be objective in rating them ;D

Still think its a good idea.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think there should have been some separation of tahs games at ANZ and those at the SFS. Other than that, hope you get some consistency in the findings.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
So be constructive, maybe do it by stadium rather than team.

N/A will allow people to leave out things they didn't do.

Maybe "how do you travel to the game? Car (inc parking), Train, Bus, walk, other". "How would you rate it good, fair etc".

"How would you rate the food and drink at the stadium?"

"How would you rate the food and drink facilities around the stadium?"

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
This is far better than work,

"How far did you travel to the ground? <5 Km, 5-10 Km, 10-20 , 20-50, 50+ Km

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Excellent suggestions guys, plenty of improvements to go into next years one.
Got to start somewhere though, and I reckon it we'll get a lot of good info out of this.

Perhaps it could work as "select the ground you attend most often", if you select "no home games" then it takes you to the next page and skips the ground questions.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Moses, Couple of mods to improve:
  1. South Australia isn't listed as a possible location. I know almost everyone here is an AFL nutter but there are still a few rugby tragics.
  2. No allowance for anyone to be over 59. Bruce, Lee and I will not be impressed!
  3. Unemployed was the only non-working option.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Good stuff moses. One question that should be added is "do you support your team from outside its catchment area?" Some questions on the future of the game would be good value.

Make it as long as you need. I'm sure we all love the game enough to take the time to complete it.

Cheers for taking the time to put this together. The ARU should of taken this path long ago.

kambah mick

Chris McKivat (8)
There can never be enough questions to cover every eventuality, but as Ruggo said above we who are dedicated enough to be haunting this blog during the off season would be more than happy to answer more questions in order to elaborate on our rugby watching experiences during the year. I am a Brumby fan because I live nearest them, but when they play away, I often travel to Sydney to watch the Tahs, and if I'm interstate at the appropriate time I watch the Reds or Force or Rebels. I even watched a game in Vienna that I came across. I watch whatever is on at Vikings Park because it is just 3 or 4 Kms away and I'll watch anything, including the Military/Police comp held here recently, just because it was on.
Well done on instituting the survey, it is an excellent idea and I look forward to seeing the results.

Patto.

Allen Oxlade (6)
Moses, Good effort and look forward to seeing the end result.
A couple of points.
1. Age - I am 60 so the 50-59 was ticked.
2. I live on NSW Nth Coast. Therefore questions relating to transport and parking are distorted due to staying in the game day city which may be Sydney. Brisbane or whereever.
3. Food and drink response varies according to option taken-ie hospitality package, away from ground, in ground.
4. I listed Waratahs and Any Australian Province as my teams.. All subsequent questions asked about the Tahs and their home and away games. I wear blue in Sydney, Red in Brisbane and watch equal numbers of games in both cities. SFS, Homebush & Suncorp would be given very different ratings.
5.Tv viewing. I watch Sydney and Brisbane club on free to air depending on which state I am in. On Fox I watch every Rugby game I can..it would be more than 100 per year including tests, Super, CC, ITM, Top 14, 6N - ticking 10+ does not convey the real viewing experience.
Cheers.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeahhhh, School Certificate!

There should definately be a N/A option.

Also posting the results and guessing who is who could make a fun time killer for off season... Assuming it's not against any privacy laws...

Status
Not open for further replies.