• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Storm in a teacup, or more serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
What really makes me laugh, was that the so called 'community rugby' factor included no clubs or schoolboys representatives outside of NSW.. But hey, can't say it's unexpected..
As i said above, people could rightly see it that way

BUT

They have been included in meetings - in person, both private and public schools.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
No, not a token.
Here's your problem Dave.

Papworth has such a polarising position these days that everything he is attached to will be viewed through that lens.

No matter what the idea is, if Paworth's name is attached to it, it will be treated with suspicion and cynicism by a very large portion of the rugby public, especially those outside of Sydney.

It's unfortunate for someone so passionate, but think that's the reality.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Surely this meeting was to placate Papworth and Dwyer and try to stop the sniping.

The other invited participants presumably make it so it seems more like an overall review than just a meeting with Papworth and Dwyer.

Unless you're having a summit over several days it is difficult to include too many people and still make it at all constructive.

I doubt we'll see any changes other than maybe cosmetic ones. (If any)

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)
better being a pretty loaded term there QH...

The board approved a strategic plan in April. If it is not fit for purpose already, less than 6 months later, then it's the board that needs to be reviewed, not the plan.

A fairly draconian view of business there, Strewthcobber. No plan survives first contact with the enemy. Enterprises that change personnel in preference to changing their ideas can't possibly compete in a fast-paced modern business world.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...r-learn-earn-legend-loan-20161117-gss04v.html

Farr-Jones "cleared", PMC not taking any further action. It seems common sense has prevailed, the money's been returned and it's hard to justify spending public money on a pointless, petty witch hunt. Still, there's an unpleasant smell about the whole thing, NFJ and Worboys DID misappropriate someone else's money.

Bloke's a shyster

Cover up vlaj blah

Great rugby player and all that.

I wonder if the same "test" applied to an ordinary person would have brought about a different result.

Can only say lucky NFJ, lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.