• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers vs Chiefs R4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The match I missed last year. Two opposite styles and interesting to see if the Chiefs can break the Stormers defense at Newlands. Match will be won up front.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Chiefs by 10. They only need to score one try and a couple of penalties becuase the Storrmers won't score a try unless it's a lucky one.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Before the comp started I believed the stormers had strong case to win the whole competition, but I can't see it anymore.

Things should look up after this weekend though having played their two toughest derbies and the what looks like the best team in the competition. But three losses this early in the season will basically kill any chance of home playoff berth regardless of what they do for the rest of the season.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Is Janties the answer at 10 for the Stormers? His playing style seems to be better suited to the Lions less structured game plan.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I am all positive for the Chiefs match. Stormers play well against all the NZ sides, in the face defense, dominate their lineout, start mauling, keep possesion and they get frustrated and start chuck it all over the place and play backwards. Stormers dont defend like the Bulls and Cheetahs, they'll know what they need to do and will be desperate for a win at home.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Is Janties the answer at 10 for the Stormers? His playing style seems to be better suited to the Lions less structured game plan.
Jankies problem is that he havent settle down and took the wrong options in the first two matches. I am sure he'll settle down and play like we all know what he can do. For saturday I'll start with Grant, solid defender and have the experience and end with Jankies. I'd also like to see Fourie in 6 for this match, Liebenberg starting and Bezuidenhoud on the bench.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Jantjes gets two chances and people in Cape Town are calling for his head. He is a flyhalf who can play with ball in hand but is forced to play the Stormers "don't attack at all cost" game plan. Coetzee will destroy this kid's confidence if he drops him now. Just let the kid play for god's sake.

Going back to Grant will be a step backwards but I won't be surprised with a coaching staff who don't know a backline move if it bit them in the arse.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I am all positive for the Chiefs match. Stormers play well against all the NZ sides, in the face defense, dominate their lineout, start mauling, keep possesion and they get frustrated and start chuck it all over the place and play backwards. Stormers dont defend like the Bulls and Cheetahs, they'll know what they need to do and will be desperate for a win at home.

I never saw the Chiefs get frustrated once last year opn their way to the title. It's their composure that took them all the way. You're dreaming if you think you are going to dominate them without Elizabeth.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I never saw the Chiefs get frustrated once last year opn their way to the title. It's their composure that took them all the way. You're dreaming if you think you are going to dominate them without Elizabeth.
They did not played the Stormers last year, thats why. We'll see on saturday.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Chiefs have looked very slick so far this season, and have built a very solid platform. Stormers are going to have to improve a lot to get over the top of them.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
They did not played the Stormers last year, thats why. We'll see on saturday.

Oh yes you're right. But the Stormers weren't good enough to get past the Sharks for the right to play them. It helps to score some tries.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oh yes you're right. But the Stormers weren't good enough to get past the Sharks for the right to play them. It helps to score some tries.
Blame it on ONeil and shitty system we have.

Stormers:
15. Joe Pietersen, 14. Gio Aplon, 13. Jean de Villiers (captain), 12. Damian de Allende, 11. Bryan Habana, 10. Elton Jantjies, 9. Nic Groom, 8. Duane Vermeulen, 7. Rynhardt Elstadt, 6. Siya Kolisi, 5. Andries Bekker, 4. De Kock Steenkamp, 3. Frans Malherbe, 2. Deon Fourie, 1. Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16. Tiaan Liebenberg, 17. Pat Cilliers, 18. Don Armand, 19. Nizaam Carr, 20. Dewaldt Duvenhage, 21. Peter Grant, 22. Gerhard van den Heever

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
saw on Reunion that TJ and the team were all tipping a stormers win at home. I was set on a chiefs win but now theyve confused me. I think I'll stick to the chiefs. stormers to go into round 5 with a solitary point..

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Chiefs by 10. They only need to score one try and a couple of penalties becuase the Storrmers won't score a try unless it's a lucky one.
Well first try was early and well worked...

Edit: and the second was quite lucky. Good running Aplon!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Stormers playing with a better intensity than the first 2 weeks, when are Etzebeth, Burger, Taute back?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs' success is built around the cheating of Wayne Smith's tactic to obstruct ahead of the ruck. Well done Jaco Peyper for noticing this and dishing out a yellow for it.

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Chiefs' success is built around the cheating of Wayne Smith's tactic to obstruct ahead of the ruck. Well done Jaco Peyper for noticing this and dishing out a yellow for it.
2 yellows were not enough for them. Glad Stormers finished that one on top. Great cover defence and some decent attack!

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)

Really? The foundation of their success is cheating? And Wayne Smith designed it. You are certainly in the know.

Well done Stormers for lifting the intensity.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Frank, don't get sucked in by Gwerty's bait, man he probably a bit upset being a Tah's supporter so just having a quick wind up;) . Personally I thought that was a bloody good game of rugby, Stormers played bloody well, good to see they can attack when they have a mind, because they can sure defend, mind you Chiefs scored 4 tries so obviously a hole every now and then. It was a great battle between the loosies, and that bloody Bekker never fails to amaze me, that tall, does his work at lineout, scrum, ruck/maul etc, and then got the cheek to run like a midfield back!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.