• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers vs Reds @ Newlands round 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Simmons is back this week but Shatz is gone..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Just hoping that the Reds do a beat-up job on the Stormers and get a win. That would mean that the Stormers would go into the Tahs game coming off two straight losses and a lot of psychological baggage.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
For some reason my reply function don't work. Sorry RR, will try my best.:oops:

Stormers leading the SA conference with 1 point and under pressure not only to win but to win by a bonus point at Home.

We had a massive game against te Lions, hopefully we'll have Etsebeth back

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't think we'll win, but can't see the Stormers scoring a heap of points either.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think we will win.

The guys continue to improve on attack and their defence is not too shabby really (the fitness thing aside and the bulls at high altitude just seems to be a bridge to far for the reds given the last bilionty years results up there).

The scrum did look a bit shakier, but that is probably to be expected given the loss of simmons - but if he is back this week that would help a lot.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
We will miss Schatz in the lineout. But this biggest thing we need to improve on over last weekend is winning the collision or at least not losing it so badly.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
In the last 10 years our record in South Africa is:
4 wins, 15 losses and 1 draw. The wins came in 2015 (Cheetahs), 2011 (Lions & Stormers) and 2010 (Cheetahs).

In the last 10 years we have only come home with zero competition points once (2007).

Reds by 2.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Saturday 23 April 2016 in Cape Town - Kickoff at 15:00 SA Time
Referee - Marius van der Westhuizen
AR1 - Quinton Immelman
AR2 - Cwengile Jadezweni
TMO - Shaun Veldsman

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
That may be Paarl but can they drain field goals from 45m out like it was nothing? ;)

Scoey, I finally got to see highlights of the match, late on Monday night, on channel ONE. Gill's field goal was a beauty, and well-timed, given that the half-time hooter had just sounded. The Reds tries were all great to watch, so plenty to build on there.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Stormers by 50.

Stormers by 5, 0 doubt about it
Cant see the Reds winning but it would be nice to come home and at least know were close to winning a game against a decent South African team. Something not long ago that seems unlikely

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I think the Reds have more chance against the Stormers at sea level than they did at altitude. Another week to get the body clocks used to the time zone, too.

I don't expect it (due to the CIHCs' preference for CFS) but I'd love to see Junior Laloifi get a run against Cheslin Kolbe. Battle of the 70-keggers!

Status
Not open for further replies.