• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Suncorp Stadium Atmosphere Lacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
I've gone to Suncorp Stadium on anvery frequent basis since it's reopening back in 2003.

I understand where a lot of people are coming from and there is a lack of enthusiasm and atmosphere at the ground

I don't like to bad name but Suncorp Stadium, but the problem lies very much with their over the top security and crowd control.

They simply frown upon you, a fan having a good time at the game cheering on your team.

I've said previously of my episodes of taking my banner in for Berrick to the Reds vs Tahs game this year, and was initally told no because it was a safety risk then later on yes at my own risk but do bear in mind, you may be evicted if it causes a problem......

I was a Broncos Season member for 5 years and where I sat, it was living in a very sterile environment. My fondest memory i remember was 2 old ladies who were in their 70s were asked to hush up by security and stadium staff because they were making too much noise and causing a nuisance. Actually they weren't.*

That's what put me off my enjoyment at the ground. You can get away by doing that at other grounds such as SFS or in NZ.

Suncorp Stadium is supposed to be a world class stadium, I think it's just going to the dogs the way they act.

Is society becoming like big brother and we can't even enjoy a good night out at the footy no more?

Sad it's come to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.