• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super 14 Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i would be for the central coast really, they have a huge rugby league heartland and have the same sort of siege mentality of perth. they believe there not part of sydney (which there not) and they have an extremely large rugby league community that would probably jump ship in a heartbeat if it meant getting reward for there development.

i dont think it would divide crowds in sydney at all, the mariners in the a league have shown how much the coast is willing to get behind a team of its own and it would unlock and help create more players probably in a quicker time frame than perth will be able to do even with the head start.

P

PhucNgo

waratahjesus said:
i would be for the central coast really, they have a huge rugby league heartland and have the same sort of siege mentality of perth. they believe there not part of sydney (which there not) and they have an extremely large rugby league community that would probably jump ship in a heartbeat if it meant getting reward for there development.

i dont think it would divide crowds in sydney at all, the mariners in the a league have shown how much the coast is willing to get behind a team of its own and it would unlock and help create more players probably in a quicker time frame than perth will be able to do even with the head start.

And besides, the CC are the undisputed and unchallenged holders of the ARC Cup..er Shield.. trophy. But seriously, I'm not sure of the jumping ship bit. You're talking about two different beasts here. My experience has been that the true followers of Boganball don't want a bar of Rugby (and vice versa). In France, they don't have the eons of angst to deal with and simply call them le (la, whatever) Rugby 13 and 15. See, it takes away part of the divide in a blink. Why even we, of the One-True-Rugby, talk of the Rugby 7's as just a different form of the game. But I digress.

Me personally, I'd like to get some young guys like Todd "Notso" Clever down here from North America for the tournament. Not so (no pun intended) different to the annual exodus to the Act from Sydney if you think about it. How do you reckon you'd go with a few Yanks on the coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.