• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2012 Final - Waikato Chiefs vs Kwa-Zulu Natal Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Keegan Daniel has been very dignified in defeat in the post match interview.

Any Saffer here want to comment on where he sits regarding Bokke selection/captaincy?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Well done both teams and congratulations to the chiefs.

Sent using Tapatalk

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That's the end of my first year of watching a full season of Super Rugby. Watched all bar maybe 3-4 games this year. Final was probably one of the most disappointing spectacles, but that's finals for you. Chiefs deserved their win they were the best team over the season.

Sharks did really well to make the final from 6th on the ladder. Final was one game too far for them after all the traveling, but someone has to travel for the final. The HEC model of having a predetermined venue for the final before the competition starts wouldn't be very practical for traveling fans with the distances involved in Super Rugby.

Congratulations Chiefs. Looking forward to next years competition.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hey Bardon,

Hope you will still keep an eye on Gaggerland while Super Rugby is in hiatus.

The Tahs are coming back with a vengence in 2013. Get on the Tah Train.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well ,I thought it bloody good final, Sharks looked a bit worn out in end, but that probably not that fair on Chiefs, as they beat Sharks over there, and they did play well.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Holy hell. Did not get to see this game live as I was playing Rugby myself - feel like maybe I'm lucky to have missed it. The scoreline - yikes!

Congratulations Chiefs! Commiserations Sharks - it was always going to be hard for them.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I watched this game with a Maori bloke and a Durban bloke (neither of whom I'd ever met) in an Irish pub in Chiang Mai, Thailand and I'm now posting about it on an Australian rugby supporters site.

Anyone who says that rugby isn't truly global can eat a bag of dicks.

Congratulations chiefs on a great display of running rugby and a deserved win, commiserations sharks on a hard fought season and brutal travel schedule.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Doubt whether SBW's one is worth anything, but think Tamiefuna's would be wprth a couple of weeks.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
WTF happened with the White Card from the Cru vs Chiefs?

The Citing commissioner may be busy with Tameifuna and SBW's efforts today.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
WTF happened with the White Card from the Cru vs Chiefs?

The Citing commissioner may be busy with Tameifuna and SBW's efforts today.

Obviously nothing, because Kane Thompson was lining up for the Chiefs. Terribly inconsistent sanctions for punching this year from nothing to 5 weeks.

The SBW tackle was a yellow, I don't know whether that deserves a week off. Tameifuna will go for a couple though.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Recorded this and had to turn off all phones until I could sit down and watch it.

Well done Chiefs! I don't agree with some comments that the travel hurt the Sharks. The Chiefs would have won if there was a week's break.

Last year the Crusaders never had a home game at their base in Christchurch and even travelled to London and back, yet they made the final and almost won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.