• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2020

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
shouldve gone the whole hog with the name change too.....

HeGNnjj.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
While I'm not completely sold on the new logo it does represent a shift away from the one negative connotation of the Crusader name (to which I still believe very few people would have drawn the link pre-March 15).

Reactions: dru

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Funnily enough in my house at the moment I have another WOB staying (prodigal son), who surprised me by saying he was hoping they dumped Crusader's name just because he always thought it had very little relevance to Canterbury area. I was actually hoping they would change the Blues name myself, but there you do we all see differently, just because it so boring and JAFFA;)

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
Hurricanes still have it over the Highlanders imo, especially with Du Plessis Kirifi coming through the ranks.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hurricanes still have it over the Highlanders imo, especially with Du Plessis Kirifi coming through the ranks.

Yep ruggy he a good boy Kirifi, a lot will depend on how the front row stands up for me, they got a shit load of mobility with the ball in hand in Fidow , Numia and Aumua, obviously these boys will be behind Coles and Lomax etc, but their mobility could off set Ardie's loss a little. I haven't given up on them by any means, but I a Canes man so will always find positives!!

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Hmm... Blackadder out for the season.

Bad timing, given 3 starting loose forwards departed the squad.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hmm. Blackadder out for the season.

Bad timing, given 3 starting loose forwards departed the squad.

I hadn't seen that Blake, what's he done? As you say bad timing, I think he a good quality player at this level.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
They're the odds to win the comp so Blues are equal fourth favourite
WUT. I thought that was for NZ conf. 4th fave to win the WHOLE THING? ffs. They must realise that the Blues havent won a playoff game since '74.

Who sets the odds oh wait I see whats happened here.

grahamhenry_zps521dab57.jpg

"Look, those are this years odds, I've written them down on a bit of paper for you so don't just stand there, go and publish them in your newspaper or whatever it is you do."

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
WUT. I thought that was for NZ conf. 4th fave to win the WHOLE THING? ffs. They must realise that the Blues havent won a playoff game since '74.

Who sets the odds oh wait I see whats happened here.

Mate that’s why I’m so ‘hard’ on the crusaders this year. Every team in every conference has been absolutely gutted.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
I hadn't seen that Blake, what's he done? As you say bad timing, I think he a good quality player at this level.

Went under the knife for his shoulder which he hurt playing for Tasman.
Good player at this level....however he was probably looking good for an AB jersey too, not exactly based on merit but someone has to wear it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Latest Sunwolves squad:

Sione Asi, Jarred Adams, Leni Apasai, Jaba Bregvadze, Ben Hyne, Tom Rowe, Brendon O’Connor, Mitch Jacobson, Jake Schatz, Onehunga Kaufusi, Naoto Saito, Garth April, Jordan Jackson-Hope, Ben Te’o, Siosaia Fifita, Rudy Paige, JJ Engelbrecht, Conraad van Vuuren, Michael Stolberg, Corey Thomas, Mateaki Kafatolu, Kotaro Yatabe, Tevita Tupou, Shunsuke Nunomaki

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/springbok-duo-the-latest-to-join-sunwolves-20191216

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ha, good to see the SWolves, hated by JRU, have dropped any and all pretense of "growing the game" in light of their franchise termination and have gone full-blown gaijin mercenary.

The 3 actual Japanese players left in the squad must be left wondering "wft have I done to piss off the JRU so much to be lumped in with this lot....."

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
While I'm not completely sold on the new logo it does represent a shift away from the one negative connotation of the Crusader name (to which I still believe very few people would have drawn the link pre-March 15).

I drew the link right from the outset. Anybody with a smattering of religious history would have. I am glad that this change has occurred. BTW if the "very few" people who drew the link were deeply offended by it then it is better off consigned to the medieval history waste basket.