• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 QF: Blues vs NSW Waratahs

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
Australian teams will NEVER get an even game while we are married to the Super Rugby formula with a NZ bias. We MUST leave and join the Japanese. It is the only way we can improve while improving and advertising Rugby in Australia. When we lose this badly with a covert or overt refereeing bias, we lose fans and Rugby becomes even more irrelevant against the other football codes

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
The blaming the ref is so poor... the Tahs were simply outplayed.
The ref isnt stopping us carrying over the gainline, or pushing the blues over it.
We had no answers in attack after the first 30min and resorted to shithousery.
We spent the first 30min inside the Blues 22 and we couldnt convert it to points.
Our lineouts looked like something out of the U14 Bs.

I agree, Rugby will never gain much traction if we continue to play against teams who are essentially a division above and im all for a domestic comp if someone comes up with a viable idea. But thats hardly the refs fault.

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
Any statisticians here? I’d love to see the data on how many penalties are given away for and against NZ teams in NZ with NZ refs.
I guarantee there will be a clear bias against all Aus teams regardless of who they play. I might do that this evening. To Excel!

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
Ref whingeing is pathetic again. Tahs got completely dominated in contact - were always backpedalling without the ball and couldn't generate anything in attack.

Only comments I can remotely tolerate are those re Hooper, hard to believe that gets missed. Wonder if hes developing a reputation for milking these though?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ref whingeing is pathetic again. Tahs got completely dominated in contact - were always backpedalling without the ball and couldn't generate anything in attack.

Only comments I can remotely tolerate are those re Hooper, hard to believe that gets missed. Wonder if hes developing a reputation for milking these though?
It’s actually whinging about a correct call (in the end) so it’s not using it as an excuse for the Tahs performance at all. Awarding that try speaks volumes about how little NZ tries are scrutinised when scored against Aus teams compared to the reverse - that’s not even getting into the discrepancy with missed foul play.

No one’s calling the referees corrupt but it’s clearly a trend with it happening to one country from refs from one country so it’s normal to question why it keeps happening.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Did the Tahs get a participation certificate for making the finals? Coach can sound off next year in preseason "we'll after playing finals last year we're looking to win it all this year". Super Rugby with Mediocre Rugby calibre finals, at least till you cut the rotten wood.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
BOK live awarding that Sullivan try says everything. There’s an subconscious bias towards NZ teams. It’s undeniable.
100%. Or more accurately the perceived 'dominant' team. Happens all over the world and infiltrates every aspect of the match particularly the scrum and breakdown.

The TMO misses when Australian teams play in NZ is unexplainable and inexcusable though. Discipline isn't being called fairly and it's a huge issue.