• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 Rd 2: Force v Reds, Sun 5th Mar

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Reds team announced too:
  1. Dane Zander – University of Queensland – St Joseph’s Nudgee College – Albany Creek Brumbies
  2. Matt Faessler – Brothers – Toowoomba Grammar School – USQ Saints
  3. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University – The Southport School – Gold Coast Eagles
  4. Ryan Smith – Brothers – St Patrick’s College Shorncliffe – Caboolture Snakes
  5. Seru Uru – Wests – Ratu Kadavulevu School, Fiji – Namoli Rugby Club, Fiji
  6. Liam Wright (cc) – Easts – Anglican Church Grammar School – Easts
  7. Fraser McReight – Brothers – Brisbane Grammar School – Albany Creek Brumbies
  8. Harry Wilson – Brothers – St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace – Gunnedah Red Devils
  9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland – Sunshine Coast Grammar School – Flinders Rugby Club
  10. Tom Lynagh – University of Queensland – Epsom College – Richmond Rugby Club
  11. Filipo Daugunu – Wests – Dogotuki District School, Fjii
  12. Hunter Paisami – Wests – Mangere College, Auckland
  13. Josh Flook – Brothers – St Joseph’s Nudgee College – Brothers
  14. Suliasi Vunivalu – Wests – Saint Kentigern College, Auckland
  15. Jordan Petaia – Wests – Brisbane State High School
  16. Richie Asiata – Easts – Anglican Church Grammar School
  17. Sef Fa’agase – Sunnybank – Shailer Park State High School – Beaudesert Warriors
  18. Peni Ravai – Easts – Ratu Kadavulevu School, Fiji
  19. Jake Upfield – Bond University – The Southport School
  20. Connor Anderson – Wests – Brisbane State High School – Everton Park Roosters
  21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland – Ipswich Grammar School – Souths
  22. James O’Connor – Brothers – St Joseph’s Nudgee College – Brothers
  23. Jock Campbell* – University of Queensland – The Southport School – Inverell Highlanders

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Any idea what's happened to Vest? Is he injured or just dropped for Anderson?

Glad to see the JOC (James O'Connor)'s back and hopefully we'll see Lynagh utilise Vuniin the air.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah agree, could really put some points on, particularly with JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Jock coming off the bench. The bigger IF for me is getting them front ball.

Wright a big plus there. Front row really have to play out of their skin.

Some real strike power from the back on counter attack.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Weird to say it but that tight five should shit on the Reds.

Uru to lock is a bit grim if you ask me. He doesnt seem to have the game for it and he was pretty disappointing (particularly for my fantasy team) last weekend.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Wright a big plus there. Front row really have to play out of their skin.

Some real strike power from the back on counter attack.
Agreed Reg. Tight 5 in general with the Smith injury cloud and Uru at lock. Force front row should mince the Reds however hopefully the young fellas show up.

Reds should have it over the Force everywhere else though.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting Upfield has been preferred on the bench to Faifua. Is Faifua injured?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Interesting Upfield has been preferred on the bench to Faifua. Is Faifua injured?
Not sure, but I'm not mad about the call. I just don't think Faifua is up to super rugby yet, he still looks a year or two off the physicality, so I'd like to see Upfield get another crack.