• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 SF: Crusaders v Blues

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
7:05 NZST Friday 16/06

Let the festum odii resume!

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Man I looking forward to this, love these games as a neutral. Both games this weekend are rightfully semis as that's what I get thinking about them!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
FyjFQNnaYAAJk2O

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
And no Whitelock, Gallagher, or Blackadder for the Crusaders.

Crusaders: Will Jordan, Dallas McLeod, Braydon Ennor, Jack Goodhue, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Richie Mo’unga, Mitch Drummond, Christian Lio-Willie, Tom Christie, Sione Talitui Havili, Quinten Strange, Scott Barrett, Oli Jager, Codie Taylor, Tamaiti Williams.

Reserves: Brodie McAlister, Kershawl Sykes-Martin, Reuben O’Neill, Dominic Gardiner, Corey Kellow, Willi Heinz, Fergus Burke, Chay Fihaki.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So we have an injury ravaged team limping into the very heart of the Death Star, in June, having lost the last three matches in a row. On that basis, would say anything less than a 14+ win to the Crusaders would be an undoubted moral victory to the Blues.

Last edited:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
And no Whitelock, Gallagher, or Blackadder for the Crusaders.

Crusaders: Will Jordan, Dallas McLeod, Braydon Ennor, Jack Goodhue, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Richie Mo’unga, Mitch Drummond, Christian Lio-Willie, Tom Christie, Sione Talitui Havili, Quinten Strange, Scott Barrett, Oli Jager, Codie Taylor, Tamaiti Williams.

Reserves: Brodie McAlister, Kershawl Sykes-Martin, Reuben O’Neill, Dominic Gardiner, Corey Kellow, Willi Heinz, Fergus Burke, Chay Fihaki.
I'm going out on a limb and saying that is the most diverse bunch of first names I've seen on a team-sheet,

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Heart says Blues

Head says Crusaders

Certainly have more hope than a typical trip to Chch though.

Midfield battle will be fascinating. I'd like to see the Blues kick less this week but they've been kicking too much for years so I can't see that changing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say, as it gets closer looking forward to it more too. Add to that while down in Wellington last week I went to the Garage Project craft brewery and bought a selection of their beers , so will try a couple during game tonight!!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Papali'i and a few other forwards vs. the top half of the South Island is already hard enough as is without everyone else, but especially the backline, fifth columning things.

Shouldn't have bothered with the second quarter. Not gonna bother with the second half.

Last edited:

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also lmao @ Jabba the Hansen's jUsT qUiEtLy BeAuDy Is StArTiNg tO cOmE gOoD observation.

Unfortunately that means sleepy old Fozzie bear will also be thinking it. Hopefully Schmidt will bully him into quietly snoozing in front of the fireplace with his warm glass of milk while the proper coaches continue the reconstruction work.