• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024 General Chat

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Season will start on the weekend of 23 Feb with Round 2 being the always-contentious Super Round.

Super Round in Melbourne: Friday, March 1: Highlanders vs Blues, Rebels vs Force. Saturday, March 2: Moana Pasifika vs Fijian Drua, Crusaders vs Waratahs. Sunday, March 3: Chiefs vs Brumbies, Hurricanes vs Reds.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
erroraucksuper_zpsnhdwlesg.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ at what point in the calendar is it acceptable to sarcastically trot out the "this/ next year is our year" wrt a rugby football team that shall for the time being remain nameless? Asking for a friend.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^ at what point in the calendar is it acceptable to sarcastically trot out the "this/ next year is our year" wrt a rugby football team that shall for the time being remain nameless? Asking for a friend.
It's August now but I'm still becoming more and more incensed about the semi-final capitulation vs the Cantabs. Not even close to the "Acceptance" phase yet.

It could have been not only the most pathetically clueless surrender in Soup Rugby history but maybe all of rugby history. To have that many All Blacks on the field (what, 10 of the starting XV?) then ship 52 points........

God knows what Coach Leon said to them before the game.....

"Hay loserz, listen up, yeah I played for the Cantabs, and believe me when I say that they hate you big city showpony brotown wankers and today they're going to kick your fat fucking lazy arses. Thank fuck this is my last game coaching you walnut-brained dopes. I'll be up in Razor's coaching box if you need me for anything. Good luck, goodbye and fuck you all. LOL."

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I am with Dismal on this one. I was happy to mind-wipe next season until at least after Christmas. But now you have got me worried about how Bernie is going to dull the attack, how the the non-existent game plan is going to be even more undiscernible and at what point of the season do we hit the skids and skip to the we got lucky but "at least we made the finals".

But what is really out of order is you did it pre- RWC! I have only thus far, attended one of the 25 pre-booked counselling sessions to deal with the EJ (Eddie Jones) mind-fricking dribble, the forums anointment of another false "messiah" that will save the Wallabies for the 30,000 time, and fall out as they get bundled out.

So, I hope you are feeling proud of yourself as you also ruined the best part of every Brumbies fan's season. The post-Christmas surprise that we won’t freeze our collective asses off for the first through games. We rely on that not only as we have to sit and watch from an icebox, but also Bernie will likely suck the life out of the game plan which means we will end up needing to listen to EJ (Eddie Jones)'s self promotion podcasts at games, so we have some entertainment.

Typical entitled Cantab supporter!

Last edited:

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Can someone please explain how the Waratahs end up playing the Crusaders twice. 6 games against NZ sides when all the other Aus sides only play 5. Crusaders even more likely winners with this draw unless the Waratahs can snatch a miracle.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ According to super.rugby,

"The 2024 draw sees the 12 teams playing 14 matches during the regular season, consisting of 11 round robin matches and three additional rivalry clashes..."

For CruSadists that's 'tahs, Tribe & Loss Bleus.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
^ According to super.rugby,

"The 2024 draw sees the 12 teams playing 14 matches during the regular season, consisting of 11 round robin matches and three additional rivalry clashes..."

For CruSadists that's 'tahs, Tribe & Loss Bleus.
I thought the additional rivalries were not supposed to be trans tasman. In any case the Tahs certainly have it against them. At least they don't have to face teh Rebels twice haha

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
the mathematics of it must require a single additional tran tasman clash. Tahs lucked out

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Loss Bleus CEO pretty much confirmed on TV news tonight that only one of their home games (v CruSadists would be my guess) will be at Eden Park so presumably he's trying to play off Albany v Mt Smart to see which will charge the least. Given recent attendance figures you can't really blame him.

Also appears that Addington Recreation & Sports Environ is getting a new name, Apollo Projects being a CheeChee-based commercial design & build outfit from what I can see.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) might also be going nomadic, their CEO's been quoted as saying they're looking at venues "across the Pacific" & "regional NZ".
That's a great idea if MP (Moana Pasifika) do move their games around,
As for Blues makes sense, but also have a sense of a bit of pressure on Eden Park to drop prices?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Les Kiss getting a proper baptism by fire with the Reds fans.

Saturday night at Suncorp v Tahs Rnd 1 into Sunday arvo footy vs Canes in Super Round for Rnd 2.

There will be plenty of eyes on the Reds for both games. Win both, and he probably gets elevated to saviour status immediately. Lose both and everyone will be asking him to bugger off back to Europe.