• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Franks only got two weeks:

& is eligible for the "tackle school" reduction so could potentially play v Chiefs next week.
LOL.

The "Judiciary":

redklan.jpg

Deans, Blackadder, Razor, Thorne, Mccaw & Franks.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
One of life's mysteries.

Why is mid-range for foul play under 9.13 = 6 weeks?
9.13 A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously. Dangerous tackling includes, but is not limited to, tackling or attempting to tackle an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders.

While foul play under 9.20b is = 4 weeks?
9.20 Dangerous play in a ruck or maul. b. A player must not make contact with an opponent above the line of the shoulders.

Getting smashed in the head must be more dangerous if you are carrying a ball

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
^ that's why I didn't think he'd be eligible for "tackle school", on the basis that the Law he breached doesn't relate to a tackle situation.
I think officially, it's not a tackle specific school

"The entry point for the offence was 4 weeks (assessed as mid range in line with World
Rugby’s mandate). The Player was given a discount for entering an early guilty plea (and
other relevant mitigating factors) reducing the suspension from 4 weeks to 2 weeks. The
Player is therefore suspended up to and including 29 March 2024.”

The Player is eligible to apply for the “Head Contact Process – Coaching Intervention”
process.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
One of life's mysteries.

Why is mid-range for foul play under 9.13 = 6 weeks?

While foul play under 9.20b is = 4 weeks?

Getting smashed in the head must be more dangerous if you are carrying a ball
I'm assuming it's a reflection of typical body height for a ball carrier vs an established ruck/maul - a lesser punishment in recognition that it's easier to 'get it wrong'

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs: Shaun Stevenson, Daniel Rona, Rameka Poihipi, Quinn Tupaea, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Damian McKenzie, Cortez Ratima, Luke Jacobson (capt), Kaylum Boshier, Samipeni Finau, Tupou Vaa’i, Josh Lord, Reuben O’Neill, Bradley Slater, Jared Proffit. Reserves: Tyrone Thompson, Aidan Ross, George Dyer, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Wallace Sititi, Xavier Roe, Josh Ioane, Emoni Narawa.

Highlanders: Jacob Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens, Timoci Tavatavanawai, Tanielu Tele’a, Sam Gilbert, Jona Nareki, Rhys Patchell, Folau Fakatava, Tom Sanders, Billy Harmon (capt), Sean Withy, Pari Pari Parkinson, Fabian Holland, Saula Ma’u, Henry Bell, Ayden Johnstone. Reserves: Jack Taylor, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Jermaine Ainsley, Oliver Haig, Nikora Broughton, James Arscott, Ajay Faleafaga, Connor Garden-Bachop.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Chiefs barely hang on.

Fakatava was harebrained as hell in this one. Just does not treasure possession

FFS if Tupou Vaai is the next tenured AB lock then Houston we are faahhhhhhhked.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Chiefs barely hang on.

Fakatava was harebrained as hell in this one. Just does not treasure possession

FFS if Tupou Vaai is the next tenured AB lock then Houston we are faahhhhhhhked.
Agree about Fakatava, but can't understand the Vaai angst, reckon he will bolt into ABs!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Heavy weight battle at hooker to decide who of Bell or Eklund is worse at the lineout.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Big 10 minutes after half time with the Crusaders a man down. It'll be the Blues best chance to blow the game open

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Heavy weight battle at hooker to decide who of Bell or Eklund is worse at the lineout.

Big 10 minutes after half time with the Crusaders a man down. It'll be the Blues best chance to blow the game open

All smack talk to be delivered here, guys:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Week 6:

Good Friday
Crusaders v Chiefs 19:05 NZDT

How come they play twice in the first six weeks?
Scheduling has never been the competitions string suit, I do feel like it should be easy enough to delay spread the rematches out a bit more. It's similar for the tahs Crusaders with their matches being round 2 and 8. Ideally there wouldn't be any until everyone had played everyone once but even just keeping them to each end of the schedule would be better than this.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Week 8 is when I think CruSadists are due to start getting some players back from rehab & Codie Taylor back from his extended break. Can't come soon enough especially if one of them is Fergus Burke.