1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU R3 - Reds v Force

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by TSR, Jul 13, 2020.

1. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

Fantastic game. Better than any Aotearoa match so far.

Force been impressive - especially the backrow and props around the park. Liked how flat Lance is playing.
  2. TSR John Thornett (49)

He’s been fantastic all year.

But yeah, great tonight and thank god given the gulf we have in our lock depth now.
    The Nomad and Up the Guts like this.
  3. molman Dick Tooth (41)

The energy was really up there wasn't it. I really enjoyed that game. Feel Berry is letting too much go at the breakdown, thought we were going to be cleaning that up. The Force well in that. They'll only improve as the new players settle in and they get a feel for things.
    Purce likes this.
  4. Equalizer Sydney Middleton (9)

Tim Horan to Ian Prior..safe travels home. Um no Tim I think we are East Coast based for the duration mate.
    kiap, dru and molman like this.
  5. Double Agent Allen Oxlade (6)

Great game, congrats Force - huge effort. But I'm hugely impressed with Reds - with a YC in the last 15 mins we would have capitulated in past few seasons. Got the job done. Charge down was great - shows the commitment I reckon'.
  6. hifflepiff Herbert Moran (7)

Yep, only 20 years old to boot.

Real talent to watch
    Derpus likes this.
  7. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

ASY seemed to go ok, didn’t hurt the lineout too much. I thought Tualima’s footwork at the line was pretty good in the last 10.
    The Nomad likes this.
  8. WorkingClassRugger Steve Williams (59)

Even as they visibly tired the effort levels were right up there. Really enjoyed that game as a neutral. Hoping that's the first of a trend in SR Aus. Upbeat, high energy Rugby. Bloody beautiful.
    The Nomad likes this.
  9. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

Bit of Cory Jane about him.
  10. Derpus David Codey (61)

I don't recall him ever losing possession. Makes a lot of good decisions, and has pace and power.

Agree about this commentary team. Sound like they have one foot in the grave.
  11. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

Shits all over the NRL matches tonight. Two uncompetitive snoozefests.
    Derpus and Up the Guts like this.
  12. dru Simon Poidevin (60)

That was our best line out all year, maybe longer.
    The Nomad likes this.
  13. WorkingClassRugger Steve Williams (59)

Blasphemy!!! Everyone knows no game can even be compared to the Goliath of global sport that is SR Aotearoa.
    Hound and Derpus like this.
  14. molman Dick Tooth (41)

He was good in the NRC last year. Made one of those rising stars lists from memory.
  15. Dctarget Tony Shaw (54)

Very cute hearing how a 15 year old is being billeted with JO'C through Reds to Regions. What a fantastic initiative.
    molman likes this.
  16. Wilson Peter Fenwicke (45)

That was heaps of fun. Will have to watch the replay to comment on the rugby, but bloody hell I enjoyed being there more than I have in a long time.
    Hound, ForceFan, molman and 3 others like this.
  17. Equalizer Sydney Middleton (9)

Andrew Forrests godson...heir to an iron ore fortune in WA..loves watching the sun go down over the Indian Ocean..hands off!

(note; some snippets of this post are not factual and bear no resemblance to the truth)
  18. kiap Mark Ella (57)

Exciting game, very entertaining to watch. Reds team are on the way up and the Force aren't far off the pace.

We don't need to be axing teams!
    ForceFan, dru, Rugbynutter39 and 3 others like this.
  19. Forcefield Peter Fenwicke (45)

What a cracking match. I can cope with losing when it's a great game like that. Plenty to like but plenty to work on.
    dru and Rugbynutter39 like this.
  20. Derpus David Codey (61)

I reckon the Force wouldve taken that match with a little more depth.