1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Round 10 - Rebels v Force, 3.00pm AEST Sat 5th September

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by GoMelbRebels, Aug 31, 2020.

1. molman Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Interesting game. Really uninspiring by the Rebels. Feel dirty saying it, but I'll be cheering the Reds on next week.
  2. Dctarget Geoff Shaw (53)

Yeah sure Rebels didn't deserve it. Rebels definitely don't deserve to get to the Finals. but fuck it. We are actually in the finals for the first time ever, yee-haw. Feels great. Bloody tried to lose it so many times. Good work by the Rebels to actually finish off a game.
  3. Wilson Peter Fenwicke (45)

Best possible result for the reds, rebels limp into the finals looking like they've already played theirs. Will be amazed if they can get up for another game next week
  4. Shaker Ron Walden (29)

They seem to be making alot of the "Rebels make finals for the first time". Surely this isnt the same, i mean its a 5 team comp amongst just Aussie teams.
    molman and RugbyReg like this.
  5. Donktec Frank Nicholson (4)

I wuz wrong, made it!
  6. Dctarget Geoff Shaw (53)

We take what we can get. Only play what's in front of you. Commiserations to the Force, would've been a great way to finish the season.
    Rugbynutter39, dru and Donktec like this.
  7. Rugbynutter39 Mark Loane (55)

wow you could not have scripted that finish..
    Scooter and dru like this.
  8. Derpus Simon Poidevin (60)

Gos damn
  9. Tex Peter Johnson (47)

If we can never do that again that'd be just swell.
    dru likes this.
  10. molman Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Yeah, enjoy the win. At least one more game to watch :)
    Rugbynutter39 likes this.
  11. Rebel man Jimmy Flynn (14)

You say it was uninspiring but what do you expect? We have played one good game in eight weeks, we aren’t tracking well
  12. Dctarget Geoff Shaw (53)

SuperAU is pretty entertaining ey?
    Scooter likes this.
  13. molman Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Yeah, I was kind of keen to see the Tah's have a crack at the Reds next week. They looked good last week.
    Rugbynutter39 likes this.
  14. Equalizer Chris McKivat (8)

So everyone stops for a possible grounding and then they award a try when everyones wpndering whats going on.
  15. Rugbynutter39 Mark Loane (55)

The only thing consistent about the Rebels is their inconsistency.

But on the positive Rebels fans can enjoy making their fist final series. Sometimes does not matter how ugly it is - just need to get the monkey of your back.

Commisserations to the Force but they certainly save their best game till last and can be proud of their first season back in Super Rugby given only 1 month to try and put together a SR competitive squad - playing away from home etc.
    Scooter and Donktec like this.
  16. Slim 293 George Gregan (70)

You've got to play to the whistle...
    Scooter, Wilson and Derpus like this.
  17. molman Nicholas Shehadie (39)

I hear you. I was hoping you know with all that time together and as the comp went on they'd continue to improve, evolve. As much as I'm bummed that the Tahs are now out, I am happy that they seemed to keep getting a little better and some of their attack really started to come together. The Rebels I just don't see what they are working towards.
  18. Donktec Frank Nicholson (4)

Congrats to Stander for the try, hard worker, he’s been good to watch.
  19. Derpus Simon Poidevin (60)

Rebels really made work of that. Ralston really cost the Force with that stupid challenge.
  20. Tex Peter Johnson (47)

Can I just say, a lot of bloody misery guts here.

Tough game of footy with a firm breeze. Dropped balls were a frustration but how about getting around a hollywood finish and a team getting to play finals?

The Rebels winning is going to make plenty of people here in Melbourne just a little bit happier amidst an absolutely shit situation that few of you outside the state can really understand,