1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Au Round 7 - Reds v Rebels @ Suncorp Stadium, 7:15pm Sat 15 Aug

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by dru, Aug 11, 2020.

1. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

That's the key thing I've noticed about Wilson. His support play and running lines are just excellent for a bloke his age. There have been games where his running game has been hugely damaging because of the angles he hits the ball (and at pace). His defence against the Rebels last game was pretty great as well, as exemplified by those two follow up hits in the second half when the Reds were under the kosh.

I'm a fan.
    The Nomad and TSR like this.
  2. Adam84 Ken Catchpole (46)

Nah, i directly addressed the statistics you posted about tackles made and tackle busts, they directly refute what you claimed.

rule10 if you like, but don’t misquote me
    Purce likes this.
  3. Slim 293 George Gregan (70)

Except it neither refuted my claim, or supported your initial argument... but yes, rule 10.
  4. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

His defensive stats are worse than any of the number 10s going around as we established a couple of weeks ago, I think that is a big concern for a #6. If Harry Wilson isn't the one challenging him for the jersey then Jack Dempsey is based on the last 2 weeks.
  5. Dan54 Andrew Slack (58)

Fair enough mate, just a couple of times on Saturday I didn't think he looked desperate when defending, well the was impression I got at the park. I maybe wrong, he just a little unsure at times, but I could be looking at it through slightly Reddish eyes too.
    I really thought 2 of the Red's tries seemed to come from lazy defence, and I suppose comparing it to Reds work on tryline (which I admit was helped by Rebels doing nothing different) it may of just seemed a little lax.
    TSR likes this.
  6. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

He definitely doesn't look great in the replay of BPA's try.

https:// twitter.com /rugbycomau/status/1295903312550572032

Jogs the whole way back when a bit of urgency might have got him in a spot to help prevent a try.
    Silverado, Dan54, Derpus and 3 others like this.
  7. TSR Jim Lenehan (48)

Wow - yeah, that’s pretty ordinary. Even at the end it looked like he could have put a few big ones in and at least tried to stop it and he just didn’t.
    Dan54 likes this.
  8. Dan54 Andrew Slack (58)

9. Number 7 Jimmy Flynn (14)

I also noticed that on the weekend. In contrast count the amount of times you see Harry Wilson as the last line in cover defence in games. They both bring great things to the table in terms of No.8 options but Harry (I think) does a lot off the ball which can be valued.