1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Au Round 9 - Rebels vs Waratahs, 7:15pm Sat 29th August

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by Mr Wobbly, Aug 25, 2020.

1. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

I can’t see any way that he wouldn’t be Wallabies eligible, it doesn’t appear that he has lived anywhere other than Australia for at least the last 10 years. His home nation of choice at the last powerhouse Rugby League World Cup was Cook Islands.
    Purce likes this.
  2. Purce Alfred Walker (16)

I thought one of he or Kata weren't oz eligible. Must be Kata then. Or I am completely wrong.
  3. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

Totally agree Dan. To me he comes across as a trying to be tough cheap shot merchant. There's hard and there's wannabe hard and he's in the latter category for mine.
  4. Up the Guts Paul McLean (56)

Swinton had a lot of issues at schoolboy level with discipline and those sorts of cheap shots. Needs to sort it out.
  5. Wilson Peter Fenwicke (45)

Yeah you were probably thinking of Kata, born in Tonga, schooled in New Zealand and played for the Warriors before joining the Brumbies.
    Purce likes this.
  6. Wilson Peter Fenwicke (45)

100%, he has potential but his discipline makes him a bit of a liability at the moment.
    Silverado, Up the Guts and Purce like this.
  7. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

What about Kafe commenting on the obstruction, blamed Walton for getting taken out by Magnay - WTF
    molman, Purce, KOB1987 and 1 other person like this.
  8. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

Does the 24 hour rule for a red card sanction stand for SRAU?
  9. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

I heard that one too, but had a couple of sherbies on board so thought I might have misheard it.
    Jimmy_Crouch likes this.
  10. Purce Alfred Walker (16)

I looked back at it today and it was a bad call(or more accurately no call). Clear obstruction by Meakes on Walton. Walton appears to be looking at Toomua who runs a line behind Meakes, Walton is then taken out by the line Meakes runs. I cannot believe the tmo, ref or ARs didn't call for it to be looked at. I thought it was blatant when I saw it on first watch. I am all for speeding up the TMOs input on games but that was the same phase as the try. Some truly bizarre reffing and tmo work in that game.
    Jimmy_Crouch likes this.
  11. Adam84 Ken Catchpole (46)

Yeah good points, agree on all of them.
    Hooper leads by example every single minute, his workload is immense..
  12. fatprop David Wilson (68)

IMHO not playing Moeroa earlier was Penny's biggest failure this season

The ability to have unit who will get you over the gain line regularly can not be down played

It gives Harrison that bail out option that lets a team reset off front foot ball
  13. TSR Jim Lenehan (48)

It’s a strange one FP. I wonder if there was something else behind it. Maybe his initial training effort wasn’t up to standard or there were other issues. I remember reading of here Moeroa had been given permission to negotiate elsewhere but I wonder if that’s true or if they’ll retain him. Keeping at least one of him and/Hunt will be pretty important based on the current squad.

Other than that Penney seems to have done pretty well with the cards he has been dealt. His problem going forward as I see it is it’s going to be hard to address key issue of getting a couple of big boys for the second row. I can’t see they’ll have the cheque book to lure back one of the big names OS, and I’m not sure there is a young up and comer near ready to fill the void.
    Jimmy_Crouch likes this.
  14. Blackadder Nicholas Shehadie (39)

I have really wanted him to get a run earlier too but apparently he was overweight and lacked lateral movement which he has been working on. Great to see him have a great game.
    molman and fatprop like this.
  15. TheNorth Allen Oxlade (6)

Quick thoughts from the game:

• I feel like swinton has been doing a lot of shoulder charges and getting away with it. This was just the first time he hit someone one dangerously. Isi is a tough fella but he went limp on impact from that one for a second or two. Swinton needs to wrap the arms before i will consider him a shot doctor
    • Moeroa could be very handy. I don't expect him to be an SBW or Teo but i feel as if he sheds a couple Kegs and adds some footwork he could do some real damage off or set piece restarts.
  16. TSR Jim Lenehan (48)

Agree on Swinton. He’s been lucky to get away with what he has, but in these days with so much review he won’t continue to be lucky.

Can clearly play and loves the contact but needs to improve his technique.
  17. fatprop David Wilson (68)

He is being rewarded for big hits and aggression, he needs work in the sand pit to work on channelling that aggression
    Silverado, TSR and The_Brown_Hornet like this.