• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 3: Brumbies v Waratahs in Canberra

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
The reds are too right? And they were superior to the Brumbies last year.

My my head says the Brumbies will win, but my heart says there’s nothing better than sitting them on their arses. So I live in hope....
Tough gig in Canberra for the much improved Tahs though.
Brumbies will be too strong right across the park.
It would be nice if it is a dry track with no rain though.

Reactions: dru

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

My my head says the Brumbies will win, but my heart says there’s nothing better than sitting them on their arses. So I live in hope....
Ah, the memories, hey KOB. Remind me, how many times in the past 5 years?

Truth is that it is last week's ladder leader versus this week's ladder leader. Tahs are definitely on the improve and while I reckon the Brumbies will get the bikkies, I expect it will be close and a win for the visitors will not be a total surprise.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

I hope we do win

But the ponies pigs are too well drilled & they have the brains to take all the points, play territory & maul us into the ground

And the Tahs have too many forward injuries already; and still think in the middle of a flood, rugby is about entertainment

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Tahs team named: Bell, Poreki, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Holloway, Williams, Sinclair, Gamble, Harris, Gordon, Donaldson, Turner, Foketi, Perese, Pietsch, Newsome. Reserves: Horton, Faulkner, Smith, Douglas, Gleeson, Tizzano, Harrison, Funa

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Folau Fainga'a, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Jahrome Brown, Pete Samu, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Andy Muirhead, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Tom Wright, Tom Banks

RESERVES: Billy Pollard, Scott Sio, Tom Ross, Ed Kennedy, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Jesse Mogg

Strong Brumbies team, bench included.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Brumbies should monster the Tahs pack! Six current Wallabies v one current Wallaby and a guy who got 10 minutes off the bench in his only test three years ago (HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)). I would be a lot more comfortable with Cridge, Swinton and Hooper available.
The no reserve 9 is a punt, hope Gordon doesn't go off five minutes in! I imagine Harrison would go to 9, does anyone know if anyone in that side has any experience at 9?

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Brumbies should monster the Tahs pack! Six current Wallabies v one current Wallaby and a guy who got 10 minutes off the bench in his only test three years ago (HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)). I would be a lot more comfortable with Cridge, Swinton and Hooper available.
The no reserve 9 is a punt, hope Gordon doesn't go off five minutes in! I imagine Harrison would go to 9, does anyone know if anyone in that side has any experience at 9?
Coleman must think he needs more forwards than backs but I agree, no back up halfback is a big gamble. What teams do that?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I would prefer Simone but Ryan Lonergan filled in there last week when Noah went off with blood.

That looks to be about the strongest team the Brumbies can put out. A good showing, or a win, by the Tahs will speak volumes for their development under Coleman.

EDIT : welcome back Ruan Smith.