• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 3 2020 Brumbies v Highlanders @ Canberra - Saturday February 15th 7:15pm AEDT

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Brumbies with the chance to set get closer to a new record for wins in a row at home, and could snap a four game losing streak against the Highlanders to make it a 4-4 split in the Super Rugby era.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Apparently, chances are that Swain will be fit to return. Via the bench? I thought the combo of Douglas and Neville went good enough that they might be retained for this game.

Anyone know how Cusack and Sio are progressing. Assuming both out, then team could be something like :

1 Slipper
2 Fainga'a
3 Ala'alatoa
4 Douglas
5 Neville
6 Valetini
7 Samu
8 McCaffrey
9 Powell
10 Lolesio
11 Kata
12 Simone
13 Kuridrani
14 Wright
15 Banks

16 McInerney
17 Lloyd
18 Ross
19 Swain
20 Miller
21 Lonergan
22 Keunzle
23 Muirhead

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
^ reckon you'd see Miller ahead of McCaffrey in the starting 15 if Cusack is ruled out.

And if they win it's 11 home games in a row, 13 is the record from 96-98.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Probably right BJ but McCaffrey was very impressive against the Rebels A side, and I presume he was only in that game to prove his fitness which he did with a non-stop exhibition.

Also wondering where Vui is in all this? Didn't get time in the game against Rebels A last week. Is he injured or out of favour? For the record, Bo Abra looked an excellent prospect again last week as did McDonald (?) in the second row and Porter on the wing. Actually, quite a few very good performances I thought.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Highlanders: 1-Ayden Johnstone, 2-Liam Coltman, 3-Siate Tokolahi, 4-Jesse Parete, 5-Josh Dixon, 6-Shannon Frizell, 7-James Lentjes (c), 8-Marino Mikaele Tu'u, 9-Aaron Smith, 10-Mitch Hunt, 11-Jona Nareki, 12-Josh Ioane, 13-Ron Thompson, 14-Patelesio Tomkinson, 15-Josh McKay

Reserves: 16-Ash Dixon, 17-Daniel Lienert-Brown, 18-Conan O'Donnell 19-Jack Whetton, 20-Dillon Hunt, 21-Kayne Hamington, 22-Michael Collins, 23-Teariki Ben-Nicholas

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Clan have lost Pari Pari Parkinson through injury.
Highlanders: Josh McKay, Sio Tomkinson, Rob Thompson, Josh Ioane, Jona Nareki, Mitch Hunt, Aaron Smith, Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, James Lentjes (c), Shannon Frizell, Jesse Parete, Josh Dickson, Siate Tokolahi, Liam Coltman, Ayden Johnstone.
Replacements: Ash Dixon, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Conan O'Donnell, Jack Whetton, Dillon Hunt, Kayne Hammington, Michael Collins, Teariki Ben-Nicholas

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Well at least Highlanders have a proper 6 at 6 this week. That's progress.

I have uneasy feeling Highlanders feel obligated to give Hunt starts at 10 given they recruited him from Crusaders. If that's the case they'd be better off running Ioane at 15 in my opinion - McKay is fast but very hot/cold at fullback.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
1. James Slipper
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Darcy Swain
5. Murray Douglas
6. Rob Valetini
7. Will Miller
8. Pete Samu
9. Joe Powell
10. Noah Lolesio
11. Tom Wright
12. Irae Simone
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Solomone Kata
15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS
16. Connal McInerney
17. Scott Sio
18. Tom Ross
19. Cadeyrn Neville
20. Lachlan McCaffrey
21. Ryan Lonergan
22. Len Ikitau
23. Andy Muirhead

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Even if the rain clears by game time, it will already have discouraged people from going. Might be a record low crowd coming up

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Darcy Swain and Irae Simone out with illness.

Cadeyrn Neville into lock and Len Ikitau into 12.

Nick Frost and Reesjan Pasitoa onto the bench.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Darcy Swain and Irae Simone out with illness.

Cadeyrn Neville into lock and Len Ikitau into 12.

Nick Frost and Reesjan Pasitoa onto the bench.

Bugger Simone is a big lost but I think we are good enough to still win, got quaility across the park and expecting some big games from Ikitau and hopefully Pasitoa... Is Barley Kruzel injured or out of favor ?