• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 3: Rebels vs Waratahs

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Maddocks has come off the bench in both matches but is expected to earn his first start of the year and show the Rebels what they are missing out on. Reserve prop Angus Bell could also earn his first start.
Bit harsh on the wording when you consider the Rebels let Maddocks leave while contracted.

Reactions: Tex

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I wonder if it is Newsome or Nawaqanitawase to the bench. I'd be curious if the later pulled up 100 percent this week after that awkward landing. Was happy to see him up and walking after the game because that really didn't looked good at the time.

I'm also curious when we'll get to see Lasila.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I have no idea what the logic is in some of those decisions, thankfully I will be out Friday night watching old mans music and will skirt through the "highlights" when/if I can stomach it

EQhr_KcVAAEM365

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Did not see that side.

Tepai already dropped.

Mr can't tackle Newsome in the defensive role of 13.

Hunt kept but Foketi to the bench?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Hodge and To'omua need to pass concussion protocols today, To'omua past the test during the match but was ruled out by video footage.

Could be some very good match ups in the back lines. Don't think the Tahs have much advantage in the forwards either. Front rows should be even enough. Second rows even enough and depending on selections back rows could be the same. Rebels need to pick a more balanced back row rather than going for large bodies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Sounds crazy to be happy for your two more senior Wallabies to sit out, but forcing a start from Deegan and a more natural player at 13 might be the tonic we need. Hopefully Lomani's service is crisper this week, he's been guilty of the Genia two-step recently, despite having a ripper pass.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Haven't seen Newsome play at OC which is commonly thought of as one of the more difficult positions defensively to play.

Based on his two outings so far this season would imagine the amount of traffic coming through the 13 defensive channel might rival the M1 on a Friday afternoon.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Haven't seen Newsome play at OC which is commonly thought of as one of the more difficult positions defensively to play.

Based on his two outings so far this season would imagine the amount of traffic coming through the 13 defensive channel might rival the M1 on a Friday afternoon.

Penney: Newsome, when I said tackle everything that comes your way I didn't mean your own team mates."

Newsome: Well it's not like I can tackle the opposition, they are scary."

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Hodge again doing the snakes and ladders thing, switching between possible homes. Tough on Kellaway.

Back row and #9 changes are positive, and I reckon I'd take our tight five over theirs.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hodge again doing the snakes and ladders thing, switching between possible homes. Tough on Kellaway.

Back row and #9 changes are positive, and I reckon I'd take our tight five over theirs.
I actually like Hodge as a winger, his finishing ability is severely underrated.

Looks like Ainsley has finally been given up on. He has been an ordinary performer since breaking into Super Rugby.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Did Deegan & Jones pull a Fin Russell? Where are they?

That's the thing with following a fourth rate competition, no actual media interest or accountability. If this was an AFL team there'd be 10 different media outlets covering it!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
That's the thing with following a fourth rate competition, no actual media interest or accountability. If this was an AFL team there'd be 10 different media outlets covering it!

The only one that counts is all over it.

Us!