• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round One: Reds vs Waratahs. Suncorp Feb 24

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ah this should be play on. FFS we dont need TMO for this shit.

Real question. Does Petaia get the points for the try?
Man thats rough but guess technical correct.. line ball though, I couldn't call if he really tackled him early .

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I mean I get it - it’s the letter of the law, but when it’s viewed at full speed it looks fine: Jorgensen tackles him pretty much as he touches the ball.

Of course, when you can slow it down and watch it frame by frame, he technically touches him SLIGHTLY before Petaia touches the ball.

BUT the game isn’t played in slow motion. Jorgensen is being punished for making what was the right call from his frame of reference, he just wasn’t watching the game unfold in front of him at 0.10X speed.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
A touch harsh. Almost 50/50. But I think he did touch first. But a penalty try plus yellow card is too much. Especially as he would not have been aware the Reds player had actually touched the ball.

But a good game. Watched some league trials earlier- the passing here is much better.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I mean I get it - it’s the letter of the law, but when it’s viewed at full speed it looks fine: Jorgensen tackles him pretty much as he touches the ball.

Of course, when you can slow it down and watch it frame by frame, he technically touches him SLIGHTLY before Petaia touches the ball.

BUT the game isn’t played in slow motion. Jorgensen is being punished for making what was the right call from his frame of reference, he just wasn’t watching the game unfold in front of him at 0.10X speed.
The ability to do this is so bad for the sport.

Alex Sharpe

Chris McKivat (8)
Like Jorgo’s actually anticipated Petia catching the ball perfectly and hit him precisely as he caught it - great skill - and he gets carded and concedes a penalty try. Rugby just shooting itself in the foot.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm like pietsch cutting back on the inside line, we just having had him do it in a good position.

I'd like to see Gordon take less time on the lqb, we're making some good yards in tight. The forwards have turned up and edmed looks better for it.

Kiss has done a great job with the reds getting a good roll on attack. But still some gaps to be exploited there