• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R4 Clan Vs Waratahs

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nah mate, he's got good feet, a solid boot and nice pace for a winger of his size.

His biggest detriment is that he's clearly out his depth in terms of his ability to read the game/defence. He would really really benefit if we had the NRC running this year as I feel that's where he should be getting the majority of his gametime at this point.

Edit: Also Abel is a bum, amazed he still gets gametime in any Super team.
Yeh great point as lot of tahs would benefit from nrc and irony is was lack of early support by nswru that contributed to nrc no longer running

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Gilmore should do himself a favour and withdraw his application for head coach. He is meant to be the defence coach and that is in shambles

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I really have to say I don't even know what you say after that. I find it bloody hard to get much positive for the Tahs fans, and Sydney is so important to Aus rugby. That wasn't just a skill difference but a 'want'difference is being shown theer.
I find it hard to excuse the lack of heart in defense!
The Tah's supporters have evry right to be very very disappointed in the effort, if you want people to put in the effort to get out and suppost you, it require the team to reciprocate!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Tahs are lacking a heart, a soul, a brain.

Maybe we need to go and hire that guy OZ to be our coach. Apparently he would be a wizard at it...

Put it this way I think it has been proven at this point Penny was definitely not the main cause of the problems.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Gilmore should do himself a favour and withdraw his application for head coach. He is meant to be the defence coach and that is in shambles
He would be doing himself a favour.

I suspect the waratahs will still be going through another 'burner' coach yet, a la Penney. Cheika is clued up enough not to get too close. If Coleman was weighing this up, he'd do well to hasten slowly.

The coaching isn't the decisive factor in this shambles. 80% plus has flowed from the handbraked, politically-riven scum organisation.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
jaysus, how'd 'tahs manage to extract him from the loigverse? ... some posh school

Without knowing the answer I'd guess that might be it - bloke gets sent to the posh school and plays union with his mates, decides it's the game for him.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Without knowing the answer I'd guess that might be it - bloke gets sent to the posh school and plays union with his mates, decides it's the game for him.
Probably more likely goes to posh school and plays afl with his mates and decides game for him

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Gordon, Harrison and Perese are all having excellent games.

I've liked Nawaqanitawase tonight. He's looked more willing to take contact (on attack at least), but still makes some bad decisions. Worth persisting with as I reckon with a few more years he could be anything.

However, any team with half decent depth would have him coming off the bench at this point in his development. Unfortunately he doesn't have that luxury at the Tahs.

I saw both Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) and the Commissioner sorely out of position in defence in the second try scored by the Highlanders. That was enough for me to rule them both out of contention. Afterwards, I don't think either of them did a whole lot to redeem their poor efforts.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
jaysus, how'd 'tahs manage to extract him from the loigverse? Next you'll be telling me Ben Elias Jnr is playing 5/8 at some posh school.
Funny you mention that, I was just browsing the Scots program from yesterday.View attachment 12364
73707ED1-1B9A-48E4-8C73-54B7881DDAB5.jpeg

Interestingly Freddy Fittler does have a kid at that same school!