• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Trial: Reds v Rebels 17 January 2020

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I’m all for giving fringe players a run but for a team like the Rebels a casual observer may not know they aren’t playing their best players and will write them off before they even begin with scores like this. Then again, a casual observer won’t be paying much attention to a trial game.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Good hit out by the reds though - first half looked really good. Not so dominant second half.

Don't really know what to make of the rebels though... Sheesh

Good little ground to watch at too - nice sized crowd for a work day

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
How did Gicquel and Morrey go against their home state? I imagine both were at one stage considered for Reds fringe squad members but the talent in front was too good to pass up.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Geez can't really take much from that. We played with positivity so happy with that. Roll on Dalby & those evil dirty 'tahs.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
So thats where Matt Gicquel is!
Pat Morrey from UQ also with the Rebels wearing #8 . Great for him to finally get a chance , he was probably wondering if the opportunity would ever come , very happy for him !

EDIT : sorry missed the mention of Morrey above due to my slow typing!