• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Trial Round 2 - Force V Brumbies 10 February 5pm WST

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Allan Ala'alatoa, Cadeyrn Neville, Darcy Swain, Ben O'Donnell and Jack Debreczini are unavailable for this match.

I'd like to see a starting side of, James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Sefo Kautai, Nick Frost, Tom Hooper, Charlie Cale, Jahrome Brown, Rob Valetini, Ryan Lonergan, Noah Lolesio, Andrew Muirhead, Ollie Sapsford, Len Ikitau, Tom Wright, Declan Meredith.

I don't think the coaches will go with that side, especially in the back three, but its what I'd like to see. As injuries clear up, I think Allan A comes straight back into 3, Darcy Swain joins the bench, Cadeyrn Neville into the 5 spot with Tom Hooper moving to 6 and Charlie Cale to the bench, Jack Debreczini to 15 and Declan Meredith to the bench as cover for 10 and 15.

Can any Force fan say if the game will be streamed?

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Game will apparently not be streamed.
Force marketing team will provide updates via social media.

Force team to be announced Friday 09/02/2024

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Late news fro the Canberra Times today is that Rob Valetini (the 2023 John Eales Medal winner) is carrying a minor injury and probably won't play.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
1707389091011.png

1707389113854.png

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ahhh. Wing imo. Think the centre pairing of Sapsford and Ikitau will prove to be one of the strongest centre units this year, and with Tua and Anderson as backup, not much worry there.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Haven't seen any reports about Tua, but he also missed last week so there may be some sort of problem. I am also surprised by Kautai's omission, but another opportunity for Alatini to get experience at this level.

Alex Sharpe

Chris McKivat (8)
No stream is bullocks, although I'm pretty sure this game will actually be played concurrently to the Tahs Reds trial so might just have to watch that one instead

Reactions: mst

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Force Team List

Marley Pearce, Feleti Kaitu’u, Tiann Tauakipulu, Lopeti Faifua, Tom Franklin, Michael Wells, Carlo Tizzano, Will Harris, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Ben Donaldson, Chase Tiatia, Hamish Stewart, Sam Spink, George Poolman, Max Burey; Albert Alcock, Charlie Hancock, Atu Moli, Regi Churchward, Tim Anstee, Ollie Callan, Titi Nofogatotoa, Ian Prior, Reesjan Pasitoa, Henry O’Donnell, Ronan Leahy

Wilson

David Codey (61)
No Naiyaravoro doesn't look too good for his chances of a full contract. Do the Force have anymore trials after this one?

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Santiago Medrano and Jeremy Williams are both unavailable having entered head injury protocols after knocks sustained in the Reds’ game. Tom Horton and Harry Potter have been left out due to precaution due to minor niggles with a view to Round 1 availability, while Tim Anstee has made way for returning WA product Tizzano.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
No Naiyaravoro doesn't look too good for his chances of a full contract. Do the Force have anymore trials after this one?
Realistically he was never going to be fit enough to play in Round 1.
Teqele is getting plenty of on-field time during the week.
He's very much a work-in-progress.
Pleased that Ben Funnell wasn't rushed in after only 1 week with the player group/older Academy players.
Cron is certainly working his wider playing group and making best use of the pre-SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) time that's left.
It will be vert interesting to see his XV + VIII for the Hurricanes game at home as there will be some surprises.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Realistically he was never going to be fit enough to play in Round 1.
Teqele is getting plenty of on-field time during the week.
He's very much a work-in-progress.
Pleased that Ben Funnell wasn't rushed in after only 1 week with the player group/older Academy players.
Cron is certainly working his wider playing group and making best use of the pre-SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) time that's left.
It will be vert interesting to see his XV + VIII for the Hurricanes game at home as there will be some surprises.
Surprises? Like?