• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Trial Round 3 - Rebels V Drua 16 February 4.30pm AEST

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Rebels Team
428028773_903468741780669_611658292184308211_n.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Louwrens, Eloff and Anderson back in after missing the Tahs trial.

Pone, Zac Hough, and Joe Pincus still missing.

Footscray Captain Nabolakasi joins the boys for the last trial.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
damn it no Lebron! Hopefully just a tweek & hasn’t been given the chop.

might give this Friday a miss, not gunna take a few hours of leave to fight swifty traffic for a trial
since the office is all of a 15 minute walk I think I'll have to get down. Conflicted about buying heaps of merch though, limited edition, defunct brand is cool but I'd rather my money go to Vic Rugby in a meaningful way than just paying off creditors.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
since the office is all of a 15 minute walk I think I'll have to get down. Conflicted about buying heaps of merch though, limited edition, defunct brand is cool but I'd rather my money go to Vic Rugby in a meaningful way than just paying off creditors.
how bout paying off unpaid staff super?

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think there is a hierarchy that dictates what creditors get what money and I'd say unpaid super would be pretty close to the top of that list.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
First third dominated by Drua. Rebels couldn’t get out of their half, constant penalties. Feliuai made a nice break, earned a penalty then Gordon kicks the touch finder dead to end the half/third.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels have ascendency in scrums, genuinely not sure if deserved though, looks shaky. Good maul though.

Carter looks down on his confidence, not quite gelling.

forwards get one back, two decent mauls get Uelese across the line, 14-21.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Really hope Glen Vaihu and his brother get signed by the reds or stay in Aus, Glen has been the pick of the backs today, good in the air and speedy.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels made a bunch of breaks to be undone via handling errors, eventually pressure stacks up and Maiava trundles over from a close lineout. Think it’s 21-21.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Really good défense turns Drua ball into Rebels attack ball in the right half, backs spin it quick to Lancaster who burns down the wing and then puts Anderson over to score on the edge. Conversion missed by Jooste(?).

26-21.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
rebels steal Fijis lineout ball (think Tualima) then kick dead for game over. FT 26-21. 19 unanswered points in the 2nd half.

2 from 2, undeniable favourites.

Reactions: TSR

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rebels have ascendency in scrums, genuinely not sure if deserved though, looks shaky. Good maul though.

Carter looks down on his confidence, not quite gelling.

forwards get one back, two decent mauls get Uelese across the line, 14-21.
Mate, I’m here at the game. Gordon put on a mint performance. Great try and converted all kicks when on the field. He was dangerous.
I don’t know what your angle is but your analysis is way off. NZ should pick Carter up.
The forwards took a bit to warm up. Looking strong up front.

Last edited: