• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby-TT: Rd 4 Crusaders v Western Force, June 4th, Cchurch - 3:05 pm AWST

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Man worst Crusaders performance since Blackadder and the Force can't get close.

The inability to shift the point of contact is a killer. Too easy to defend. Crusaders could hold the Force out for another 40 i reckon.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thanks WF. Never totally pleased with a loss, but.
That’s the 80 min effort I asked for.
Every chance to win that without the errors.
Winning opportunities against both Saders and Chiefs.

Man you should be proud of them, all you can ever ask is they play with everything they got, and don't accept other team is better!! And they never once didn't look like they didn't think they had a shot at winning!

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That's the Force team I know and love. Guts and determination Sure we made some bad errors which resulted in points against us. But, in this game I could see that the commitment was there and as a fan that's all I can ask. We are still lacking some top end talent and I've said we are still a year or two off. But feel a hell of a lot happier with that performance which has set us up to take down the Blues next week.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Man worst Crusaders performance since Blackadder and the Force can't get close.

The inability to shift the point of contact is a killer. Too easy to defend. Crusaders could hold the Force out for another 40 i reckon.

Force have always matched up well with the Crusaders. Rugby isn't all about attack, you have to give credit for defence and play that can nullify an opposition.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I am getting pissed off at what I believe is an obvious infringement that isn't being called by any of the refs that I've seen. At about 45.45 minutes the Crusaders were in possession and a tackle was made (the ball carrier was prone on the ground). The Force No 7 was over the ball when the Saders No 7 cleaned him out from directly sideways.

On one hand it could be said that a ruck had formed - I think there was a Crusader also over the ball or at least lying on top of the tackled player trying to protect the ball, in which case surely the Crusader No 7 came in from the side to clean out. Otherwise, it might have been simply a tackle situation but even then surely the Crusader No 7 was offside. In both cases I believe there should have been a penalty to the Force but iirc the Crusaders went on to score a try shortly thereafter.

And on the subject of lying on the tackled player for the sole purpose of stopping the opposition winning a turnover, since when has that become a legal activity?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thanks WF. Never totally pleased with a loss, but.
That’s the 80 min effort I asked for.
Every chance to win that without the errors.
Winning opportunities against both Saders and Chiefs.

To deny a kiwi side a bonus point and potential risk of not making the final is next best satisfying moment if not the win. Just pleased to see the force fight to the end.

Given this is only the second season back in super rugby the Force are heading in the right direction.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights

Full credit to WF but the bonus point was in the bag, a 22-point win wasn't going to achieve anything a 15-point wouldn't have so in that situation you CLOSE. THE. GAME. OUT. Razor rightly filthy in post-match. Oh well, guess we've gotta rely on Reds and/ or Brums to trip up Loss Bleus and/ or 'canes now........