• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Myself, the missus are Sydney bound for a wedding in March (same weekend as the Tahs v Cru game. We would've considered going if it wasn't at Homebush).

We have people staying Woolloomoollo (whatever), Darlinghust and Rushcutters. We want to catch a ferry to the wedding (on Friday) to Watson's Bay. Do we all have to go to Circular Quay or is there another stop on that route normally on the way (Double Bay or something?)

Haven't lived in Sydney for 9 years so I forget.

Cheers

F

formeropenside

Noddy said:
Myself, the missus are Sydney bound for a wedding in March (same weekend as the Tahs v Cru game. We would've considered going if it wasn't at Homebush).

We have people staying Woolloomoollo (whatever), Darlinghust and Rushcutters. We want to catch a ferry to the wedding (on Friday) to Watson's Bay. Do we all have to go to Circular Quay or is there another stop on that route normally on the way (Double Bay or something?)

Cheers

You used to have to live in Sydney? My condolences.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nice one FOS - I went to Qld 9 weeks ago and can't remember a thing!!
Anyway, you may be better getting a water taxi - not sure how many ferries go to Watto Bay and whether they stop on the way. Could get the 325 bus, but that aint so pretty a trip!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Check the website Nod, it is generally pretty good with maps and timetables. From memory you should be able to get on at Double Bay or Rushcutters and get directly to Watsons Bay. But I'm not 100%, especially on a weekend.

Try and avoid water taxis, as they cost an absolute fortune.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, thanks what would the web site be?

Sydney Ferries or something?

We want to go by water definitely and would prefer the ferry.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yep, stand corrected - they go about every 40 mins between 10 am and 7 pm or thereabouts. Should check they always stop at Double bay going between Circular Quay and Watto but you should be right.
Water taxis aren't too bad if you have a few people - on your own they're a bit expensive. The ferry would be nicer I agree.

R

rugbywhisperer

Noddy said:
Cheers

Good on you for admitting you are an ex Sydneysider - these naysayers know nothing of the joys of changing to Qld from Sydney - and lets keep it quiet - we don't want all the wrong types moving up here do we. We got the bus but that's the end of it.
We may not win the rugby but we enjoy losing in a better lifestyle.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
rugbywhisperer said:
Noddy said:
Cheers

Good on you for admitting you are an ex Sydneysider - these naysayers know nothing of the joys of changing to Qld from Sydney - and lets keep it quiet - we don't want all the wrong types moving up here do we. We got the bus but that's the end of it.
We may not win the rugby but we enjoy losing in a better lifestyle.

Nup. Brisbanite, who spent 3 years in Sydney. Now back home.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
It's hate season, no doubt about it.

I reckon we call it a provincial-bias zone and get on with it. No bannings, no holds barred.

And Nods, you should be able to find Sydney Harbour OK. It's just like the Brisbane River, except EVERYTHING.

R

rugbywhisperer

Scarfman said:
It's hate season, no doubt about it.
I reckon we call it a provincial-bias zone and get on with it. No bannings, no holds barred.
And Nods, you should be able to find Sydney Harbour OK. It's just like the Brisbane River, except EVERYTHING.

:fishing

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
rugbywhisperer said:
Noddy said:
Haven't lived in Sydney for 9 years so I forget. Cheers
Good on you for admitting you are an ex Sydneysider - these naysayers know nothing of the joys of changing to Qld from Sydney - and lets keep it quiet - we don't want all the wrong types moving up here do we. We got the bus but that's the end of it. We may not win the rugby but we enjoy losing in a better lifestyle.

Well, I lived in Brisbane for six years during Joh's reign and came to the conclusion it's overrated. Too hot, too humid and too far away from the local beaches. There are too few decent pubs in Brisbane (the Brekky Creek, Regatta and Exchange are the exceptions) and the beer's crap. Allied with the fact the Tahs got flogged during my northern sojourn (I was there for the 42-4 and 48-10 debacles) and the Wobblies had a bad run at Ballymore I don't have fond memories of the place.

I also noticed a lot of Queenslanders hanging around. Too many. Got out while I could. 8) 8) 8)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Noddy said:

Woolloomooloo.

Here's the appropriate link: http://www.sydneyferries.info/uploads/SFC_8638_WatsonsBay_WEB.pdf

Have fun. A ferry trip on Sydney Harbour, it's one of the world's greatest and cheapest pleasures on a fine day.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Don't I know it! Lived in Kirribilli for 6 months when I first came to Sydney and got the ferry from Jeffrey's St wharf every day. Get up at 8, shower, ferry, grab a coffee and breakfast at the quay and then wander up to Macquarie Street to get to work on time. Best way to finish the working day too I might add!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Speaking of that weekend, who's going? At this stage planning on doing the road trip.

Noddy you should come along to rile up the Tahs supporters with me in true QLD spirit....

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
We could start planning for this game as a Scarf catch-up. We can have another AGM.

I propose we get more beer. Seconded. All in favour? Motion carried.

Status
Not open for further replies.